38 posts in this topic

hwAI4Fr.jpg

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Tiddy-bits:

You should release it to everyone simply because you can get faster and more efficient bug testing done. I don't see much reason to do a silly contest for it.

Kavawuvi likes this

The contest has the following pre-conceived purposes. First, it gives me tasty pictures of pizza to look at. Second, it helps me determine the maturity and responsibility level of the certain people who reply. Third, it helps me provide a baseline for enthusiasm. Fourth, it is fun. Fifth, it lets me easily involve members of various Halo communities in a single-minded contest that is neither offensive nor overly competitive, but entertaining for all.

I don't need bug testers; bug testers are for people who don't test their own programs or intentionally release unstable or untested programs, which is irresponsible and unprofessional. I make sure programs work before I release them, or I limit features and tell people what limited features said program has. It will be released "to everyone" along with the source code, which I intend to release -- to mature and responsible parties, not people who show themselves untrustworthy by trolling in this contest, for example -- along with the usable and stable and BUG FREE versions that I choose.

Thank you for understanding, and thank you for that suggestion! I think with all the work that I will need to put into the interface and interface features, the only logical reason to release the program and its source code to anyone would be so that I would receive intelligent and helpful help with the development of those parts of the program. The actual "file parsing" is easy, and I have been able to get several tags done per day. In fact, I have a timeline estimate of having support for all the Halo 1 tag types complete within this week, to be finished by Sunday. That's the easy part; the time-consuming part is the user interface and user interface features. But I don't trust anyone with the code for this project, especially when I see a lack of competent programmers. 002 seems to be relatively competent, but he's shown he is not interested in this project at all by what I have considered to be trolling posts (either that or very generous to the other competitors) of moldy pizza, which I have had to wave my magic wand so I don't need to see anymore. ;)

002, that's a pizza that a storm washed up. Nice job raising the bar. It may be high in cholesterol, but the tomatoes and combination looks delicious, if not potentially disgusting.

Here again is the challenge of the contest:

Whoever posts the most delicious picture of pizza will win exclusive access to the first release of Zeus, both for Windows and for Mac!

More information in message #9 here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47309

Edited by Sparky