Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inigo Montoya

Carthage

117 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Inigo, can I ask where you got those nice carbine and beam rifle models?

Z-team, whose bitmaps and shaders I edited of course.

signature2.png

Oh right, well I still don't understand where you got them from exactly.

Here should be a good place to look.

Be aware, you'll need to recompile their bitmaps. They insist on using 32-bit full color bitmaps for every texture, which is complete overkill. You end up with bitmaps that are 4-6MB per texture.

Oh right, well I still don't understand where you got them from exactly.

Quagmirian likes this

signature2.png

Awesome, thanks, I've been playing around with them all day and it's looking hopeful.

If anybody still has the beta copy that was posted (Tucker933/NeX), it'd be greatly appreciated if that could be uploaded. Assuming somebody held onto the map, you can all expect a release by later tonight.

Edited by DeadHamster

If anybody still has the beta copy that was posted (Tucker933/NeX), it'd be greatly appreciated if that could be uploaded. Assuming somebody held onto the map, you can all expect a release by later tonight.

I'll PM you the link when its uploaded, unless someone beats me to it.

Inigo's tagset was corrupted, he's been preoccupied with actual life and the combination has taken the drive out of this project for him.

I'm picking up where he's left off;

Changes to the mod;

Removal of Target Locator, caused exceptions and general usefulness is negligible.

Removal of Beam Rifle, too slow a projectile, making it useless against banshees. Weapon only damages banshees, therefore weapon is useless

Addition of Rockets- Replaces T_locator on map. Standard R-launcher, map needs it truthfully.

Addition of Flamethrowers- Replaces beam-rifle on map. Will not be as powerful as standard H1 flamethrower. To add some variation to weapon set with beamrifle's removal.

New bitmaps for both weapons. Not as lovingly done as some of the others, but they'll do.

I'm re-opening the secret areas, moving the biped off the map (i'm afraid to null scripts because I don't want the map to exception).

Adjustment of Plasma Rifle- Lower heat generated to help increase usefulness. 

I know the reticles were also mentioned by Nex, however I've found them to be fairly accurate to their firing zones. The "trident" lines up with the pistol's range, as do the AR's primary fire mode and the rest. I see very few shots fall outside the range, and since I don't want to change them they're staying. 

Edit:

Ugggh goddamn PC tools. Since the map has scripts, I have to treat it as a SP map, which means very little sparkediting.

There's no changes, everything's still do-able. I was just finished and am now set back a bit.

Edited by DeadHamster
NeX, WaeV and Takka like this

This is why I will probably never "do" a mod in PC again. Build in CE, then convert. Lol, too much pain in the ass for 0 benefit

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0