Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Deathstar

86 posts in this topic

The map file properties is set to read only. Just untick, and happy ripping! :P

A while ago, I had it check if the map was read-only. If it is, it will not crash, but say that it cannot save because it may be read-only.

EDIT:

Big warning: Make sure you have read and write access to your map. If the file is marked as Read Only, Deathstar will not be able to edit it and will instead crash violently (will warn you next version instead).

On Windows, you can check if it was marked as Read only by the file owner by right clicking it, checking the file properties, and looking at Attributes. On OS X, select the file in Finder and press command-I, then look at file permissions.

Tiddy-bits:

The map file properties is set to read only. Just untick, and happy ripping! :P

I already said that I tried that. That's literally step #1 for anyone ripping any map. It was unticked, and deathstar still crashed, which is why I made the post in the first place lol.

New version works like a charm, 002. Thanks!

Kavawuvi likes this

KsqHutE.png

Gotta get this shit distributed. =]

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Released: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/3616-deathstar-map-deprotector/

This topic is now deprecated. If you have any further questions, please use the new topic or message me. I've also updated the original post with a notice:

Big note: Deathstar deprotector has been officially released. Please go here to get it. This work in progress thread will no longer be updated, so if you have any questions about Deathstar, use the official release topic or message me about it.
Edited by 002
Takka and NeX like this