Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Why Hello

13 posts in this topic

Some old people may know me, some of you younger people may not. I stopped by modhalo for the first time in forever and Tucker let me know you guys migrated over here. For those of you who don't know me, name is Shadow, came into the whole halo modding scene back in '04. I started going by [gx]Shadow, then [KOD]Shadow, now I don't do a lot of gaming, but if I'm online wherever I go by Rugger11, real name Tom.

Anywho, started out on the origional mod-halo, got into modding back in the day before CE. Had my own small clan back then. Halo CE came out and the whole Halo community changed. Holy shit it was awesome back then. The community was buzzing. New maps were coming out left and right, daily updates on upcoming projects, it was awesome. I got into modeling. Can't for the life of me remember what we called our mapping team, but after learning modeling a bit, joined up with a couple other guys, Lightning who did the skinning, and Killa who did the environment modeling. I made a bunch of variations on the warthog based off a leaked picture, and also worked on weapons, especially Halo 2 weapons based on other screenshots Bungie released at the time. Our most well known map was Hypothermia.

Along the way, met up with Phil and joined his staff on ModHalo and eventually joined the same clan, KOD. Community on ModHalo during the peak of Halo was great. We started gaining popularity with mostly trolls and assholes taking their hold on halomods and in the wake of the great halo-mods. The members really made that site great.

Well, I can go and ramble on and on, but I'm just gonna cut it off here for now. Not sure how active on here, but it will be great to see some familiar faces!

Takka, Kvasir, Floofies and 1 other like this

one decade and counting

Tiddy-bits:

Great to see you made it dude, glad I caught you.

CE has gained a lot of awesome new tools and features over the past few years, you should check out out Game Development section sometime if you're still interested in that stuff. While not exclusive to Halo, the majority of it is Halo still content.

Hope to see you around more often. =]

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Welcome!

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Haha, great seeing some old faces on here. Unfortunately I moved away from gaming quite a bit, the only one I really play now is world of tanks(hooray, free!). Also moved away from 3d modeling too. Been working in NYC as a photo retoucher and graphic designer for a fashion company. Little out of my element working at a fashion company, but the view isn't too bad at all, haha. I'll try and hang around here as much as the work schedule allows. It'll be nice catching up with you guys some more. And just wondering, how many people are still playing Halo/CE? One of these days I might have to go find my cd and get in a few games. You guys might know him too, but I'm still in contact with one of my old clan-mates StlRamsFan. I can see if he would be down too. Can also try and drag Phil away from his crazy parties to get a couple games in for a mini reunion too!

one decade and counting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0