Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Parallax 2

17 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage enjoy an ad-free experience!

I remember liking this map more than phoenix : ), probably since I like danger canyon better. Would be great to do a game day in it.

Tucker933 likes this

I have more fun on this map than Phonex too, but nobody seems to play it. ;P

Maybe it's the Snowy-cold feeling of the map that throws people off.

Tucker933 likes this

Hey Tucker, 

I enjoyed playing on the server and the map.

A quick background on me. I was an avid halo 1 pc and halo ce pc player back in the day - circa 2004-2008 - so I'm a little behind on all the changes that have been implemented into the halo modding world. The fact that you can load custom maps in regular halo is a little mind blowing for me and that you can download them from the server is just amazing. 

Getting to your map:

I really enjoyed the modified danger canyon map with the importation of all those new weapons and effects made it amazing. The face that you can remove the need for lead is also awesome. I personally am not a big fan of small maps but the way this was set up was pretty cool with the portals in the back that take you to the same center point. 

I would suggest making some modifications to the "pit" area where if you fall you die. I would remove that buildings below and try and replace them with something else  such as a lava pit. I know this would be much more difficult than what you have already done being that it's a completely different kind of mod but I think it would add reason to have it so you die when you fall. 

Besides that, all of the effects such as the blow snow/wind, shielded area from bullets, and special weapons make it an overall kickass map. 

Tucker933, WaeV and Krazychic like this

Hey Tucker, 

I enjoyed playing on the server and the map.

A quick background on me. I was an avid halo 1 pc and halo ce pc player back in the day - circa 2004-2008 - so I'm a little behind on all the changes that have been implemented into the halo modding world. The fact that you can load custom maps in regular halo is a little mind blowing for me and that you can download them from the server is just amazing. 

Getting to your map:

I really enjoyed the modified danger canyon map with the importation of all those new weapons and effects made it amazing. The face that you can remove the need for lead is also awesome. I personally am not a big fan of small maps but the way this was set up was pretty cool with the portals in the back that take you to the same center point. 

I would suggest making some modifications to the "pit" area where if you fall you die. I would remove that buildings below and try and replace them with something else  such as a lava pit. I know this would be much more difficult than what you have already done being that it's a completely different kind of mod but I think it would add reason to have it so you die when you fall. 

Besides that, all of the effects such as the blow snow/wind, shielded area from bullets, and special weapons make it an overall kickass map. 

Some great feedback, glad you liked it!

You should check out Phoenix 3 sometime, as it's based on Death Island. There's also more weapons and the vehicles are a lot of fun.

In regards to your suggestion about what to do with the lower part of the map, I personally think its best as is. I can't really remove the geometry down there aside from the rocks and trees, as it's part of the BSP. Lava wouldn't really fit the theme of the map too well either.

Anyway, hope to see you playing more often!

Krazychic and NeX like this

return.png

0/10. Fecal poop.

Sorry... Btcc22 has been corrupting me.

Just kidding... it's good... It's good...

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002