What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

Question for the audio experts

I am obsessed with quality and space isn't an issue for me, so I've been ripping all my music so far as m4a at 320 kbps, however it just occurred to me that AAC also has a lossless encoder. My question is, will it be worth re-ripping all of my music as lossless AAC or will I not notice enough of a difference from 320 kbps for it to be worth it?

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

I am obsessed with quality and space isn't an issue for me, so I've been ripping all my music so far as m4a at 320 kbps, however it just occurred to me that AAC also has a lossless encoder. My question is, will it be worth re-ripping all of my music as lossless AAC or will I not notice enough of a difference from 320 kbps for it to be worth it?

Honestly, you probably wont notice a difference if you're already ripping at 320 kbps (I export my tracks at this). If you're going to try another format though, I recommend FLAC first instead of AAC.

WaeV likes this

Doldrums.png

.flac ftw.  Anyhoo, it would be tough to tell the difference unless you had high quality studio headphones.  But, if you're anything like me then you'll just feel better thinking that the music is "higher quality".  Placebo effect is still an effect.

oVoXWXc.png

Alright thanks, I might go for it then just like Skeez was saying for placebo.

Umh7x1l.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0