Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

Selenium

32 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

CCCCHHOOOOCOOOLAAAATTTEEEE!!!

Doing a bit more balancing. Currently it's turned into a foresty sniper/pistol match, since those are very OP weapons. So I'll tweak it a bit to make it more fun

KsqHutE.png

Thanks. It's pretty simple, yet elegant - It's a dual BSP - both of the level models are identical in their geometry, but they reference different skies, background noises, and lightmaps/radiosity settings. They even have their own pallete of detail objects, which are what the grass is. There's a simple button interface that runs a script to make the BSP switch for the client, and since there aren't any issues with the level geometry, and the only changes are things like sounds and lighting, the server is none the wiser - therefore clients can switch from day/night at will. Shout out to DeadHampster and CeralKiller for the help with that - it's simple, and elegant for a solution, but I may as well have tried to climb Everest as a paraplegic for all the good it would have done me without their tutorials and help.

Floofies and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

Thanks. It's pretty simple, yet elegant - It's a dual BSP - both of the level models are identical in their geometry, but they reference different skies, background noises, and lightmaps/radiosity settings. They even have their own pallete of detail objects, which are what the grass is. There's a simple button interface that runs a script to make the BSP switch for the client, and since there aren't any issues with the level geometry, and the only changes are things like sounds and lighting, the server is none the wiser - therefore clients can switch from day/night at will. Shout out to DeadHampster and CeralKiller for the help with that - it's simple, and elegant for a solution, but I may as well have tried to climb Everest as a paraplegic for all the good it would have done me without their tutorials and help.

Jesus, that's fucking genius. Behind that poopy smile, TCK really does have a brain!

(JK, he has a horny potato for a brain)

NeX likes this

Jesus, that's fucking genius. Behind that poopy smile, TCK really does have a brain!

(JK, he has a horny potato for a brain)

It's quite an old technique =p they didn't come up with it.

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

This is a huge "Fuck You" to CMT. They have really awesome effects and open sauce stuff, but this just so much better. It still looks like Halo 1 but how it should of been made.

Floofies and WaeV like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

This is a huge "Fuck You" to CMT. They have really awesome effects and open sauce stuff, but this just so much better. It still looks like Halo 1 but how it should of been made.

Hahahaha that made me chuckle out loud. Honestly if they asked i'd hop on board, their stuff just is so much more advanced than anything else out there. Admittedly they are a dedicated team full of some of the best at what they do, modelers, animators, (teh_lag is a fuckin G), etc. I just think their skills would be better sppend either modding/developing for vanilla CE or a newer engine. OS is really amazing, it just never took off. Its too much a pain in the ass to use for your average player, so they're perpetuating the halomaps "thing" of modders making mods that only other modders play. I honestly done know if even one regular player has OS installed just to play .yelo maps. Its too rarely used to be usefull, and 99% of people that play their maps either download OS then uninstall it after they play a map, or just get the .map version because there's so few people on OS. Tis sad, but some great ideas nose dive regardless of how good they are simply because of ease of use.

WaeV and Kvasir like this

KsqHutE.png

Hahahaha that made me chuckle out loud. Honestly if they asked i'd hop on board, their stuff just is so much more advanced than anything else out there. Admittedly they are a dedicated team full of some of the best at what they do, modelers, animators, (teh_lag is a fuckin G), etc. I just think their skills would be better sppend either modding/developing for vanilla CE or a newer engine. OS is really amazing, it just never took off. Its too much a pain in the ass to use for your average player, so they're perpetuating the halomaps "thing" of modders making mods that only other modders play. I honestly done know if even one regular player has OS installed just to play .yelo maps. Its too rarely used to be usefull, and 99% of people that play their maps either download OS then uninstall it after they play a map, or just get the .map version because there's so few people on OS. Tis sad, but some great ideas nose dive regardless of how good they are simply because of ease of use.

teh_lag is my muthafuckin hero yo

NeX likes this

Doldrums.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0