Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Monthly OC Game Throw-down!

42 posts in this topic

Platform: PC 

Game: TF2

Time: 12-14-13

Reward: Golden Name Border

Welcome to the monthly OC Game Throw-down tournament! This was thought about to bring the OC community together a little more and may also become an attraction to outsiders. Adding on to that it can become a source for Youtube video's for the individual and the OC channel which most of us agreed to help provide content for.

This month's game shall be TF2. Please have the following done bellow...

-Installed Steam and TF2

-Created a 4 man team

-No more than 2 of the same class

-Dropped weapons are allowed, you are given a week to obtain them

-If players outside of OC want to be on your team, I would like them to have an OC account first, and enter with said name

Once you have created your teams, team leader will reply with quote "OC Throw-down", give their team name, and give a list of players on their team. It would also be advisable to give their steam names, but that's optional.

If there are an uneven number of teams, we will decide if we want to break down the teams and adjust for multiple little teams.

Here are the gamemodes and maps for each bracket, depending on the number of teams we receive.

1st - TBD

2nd - TBD

3rd - TBD

Final - Arena (Sawmill)

Edited by Simple Tree
Tucker933 and Solaris like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

Tiddy-bits:

TF2 sounds pretty good. We're going to have to decide team sizes and gamemode as well. Problem with hosted servers is sometimes they may switch to a new map before the first bracket finishes. Unless they have a vote plug-in then yeah.

Xonotic looks like Unreal Tournament. Looks good for 1v1's.

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet 

TF2 sounds pretty good. We're going to have to decide team sizes and gamemode as well. Problem with hosted servers is sometimes they may switch to a new map before the first bracket finishes. Unless they have a vote plug-in then yeah.

Xonotic looks like Unreal Tournament. Looks good for 1v1's.

They wont switch if you just restart the lobby. It would be Highlander setup (probably payload) which is 9v9 if we could get enough people. 6s setup would be too difficult for most people.

We could run a highlander ruleset and just drop the player count to 6 - 8 as well if needed. Medic would probably be mandatory. I would play med on a team and my friend could be med on the other team.

Edited by Kvasir

Doldrums.png

A gold shadow around member names for the winner is fine with me. I'll also most likely be able to make it to a TF2 game.

Kvasir and ShikuTeshi like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

Voting and Game Submissions will end tomorrow 11:59pm PST.