What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigTree

Zotac launches Kabini nettop

zotac-nano.jpg

Palm sized A4-5000 quad-core

Although Zotac is an Nvidia AIB partner, the firm also has a thing for AMD’s low-voltage APUs. Zotac has carved a niche for itself in the nettop market, with affordable yet powerful ZBox nettops and they just got a bit better.

The Zbox nano AQ01 Plus may look familiar on the outside, but inside you will find AMD’s new A4-5000 quad-core APU clocked at 1.5GHz, with HD 8330 graphics in tow. The tiny rig measures 127x127x45mm, but Zotac still managed to find room for a 500GB hard drive and 4GB of RAM.

It has HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 video outs, along with two USB 3.0 and five USB 2.0 ports, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless, S/PDIF, Bluetooth 4.0 and a 75x100 VESA mount.

However, we have to moan about the price. At €330 it costs almost €100 more than a comparable system powered by Intel’s Celeron 1007U (Ivy Bridge), which is no slouch, either. Alternatively, the nano is also available with a Core i3-3227U part for €359.

This is just the first Kabini nettop from Zotac’s stables and we are sure plenty of cheaper SKUs are on the way, along with barebones.

Source

Floofies likes this

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

-Plato

Tiddy-bits:

I use these things for custom arcade machines. There great to drop a MAME frontend onto, attach it to the back of the tv with an xarcade, boom 1000+ game classic arcade box. 

I use these things for custom arcade machines. There great to drop a MAME frontend onto, attach it to the back of the tv with an xarcade, boom 1000+ game classic arcade box.

i'm thinking that if it were a bit cheaper, it would make a great steamos stream client.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0