What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

DDR4 memory to be released "within the next month"

27 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

This is great, about time lol

I've always wondered why GPU manufacturers are so much quicker to adopt these standards. We've had GDDR5 cards for 5 years now.

Floofies and NeX like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I bet MS is feelin' pretty dumb right about now, releasing the XBOne with 8G DDR3, against the PS4's quicker 8G GDDR5, when DDR4 is so readily available so close after launch dates. Who knows maybe they'll try an XB1.5 next year featuring the new memory lol

KsqHutE.png

I bet MS is feelin' pretty dumb right about now, releasing the XBOne with 8G DDR3, against the PS4's quicker 8G GDDR5, when DDR4 is so readily available so close after launch dates. Who knows maybe they'll try an XB1.5 next year featuring the new memory lol

Yeah, but the 360 has been sitting pretty on 512MB of GDDR3 for eight years now. I doubt they'll upgrade.  It's not the like PS4 will upgrade, either.

Nah, just funny how the "Next Gen" consoles will be released on the eve of truly "Next Gen" memory tech. So bassackwards

KsqHutE.png

Yeah, but the 360 has been sitting pretty on 512MB of GDDR3 for eight years now. I doubt they'll upgrade.  It's not the like PS4 will upgrade, either.

Both the new Xbox and the PS4 will have 8GB

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/innovation

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/features/techspecs/

Sure, but my point is the PS4 and XBOne will still have 8GB of DDR3 / GDDR5 or whatever for the remainder of all time. They're not going to upgrade the specs until the next consoles are released.

Ah, I understand what you mean. That's kind of the point of consoles though.

NeX likes this

Exactly - my point was, with their "as is" nature, you would think they'd simply delay launch a tad more to get the latest greatest inside the consoles, rather than push a release date earlier and use technology that's 7 years old. Idk. Obviously their marketing reps know more than I do, I'd just like to hear a good breakdown as to why that wouldn't be advantageous.

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0