What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Recommended Camcorder

12 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a Camcorder somewhere in the future. As good as my phone is, I needed something that will give better quality.
What I'm looking for in the camcorder is:
-1080p

-I don't know if mega pixels make any difference
-30fps at least, 60 is okay
-Frontal mic, stereo recording at a good khz rate

-Sound cancellation, wind cancellation, like only focus on whats in front
-Good or Great quality in any or most lighting environments
-Great steady image
-Long battery life
-Uses some sort of memory device available in high capacity
-Simple plug and charge or use on computer
-Adaptable with a camcorder stand
-Under $500, preferably under $300 as this will be donated to my JROTC program Video Production Team I've started.

This is the first camcorder I'm buying, so I'm looking through quite a bit to find something close to my expectations. Starting with Sony since they seem to be respectable with audio and video equipment.

Edited by ShikuTeshi

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Are you looking for a DSLR or a point and shoot?

DSLR under 500 would be a Nikon D3100, prolly around 300 now - 14mp, 1080p, etc.

A point and shoot, however, you could prolly get over 30mp and even higher than 1080p for $500.

Edit: I guess point and shoots don't really go far over 20mp. But, you can get a 20mp P&S for around $150.

343OrM8.jpg?1

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????

No experience with those. Everyone big on YouTube films with either a DSLR or something really professional.

We don't need freddiew graded cameras. :P

Our JROTC has a camcorder from I don't know how long back, 360p, has a pretty decent stereo recording mic built in. I'm becoming very surprised I can't find one with it anymore.

Our JROTC has a camcorder from I don't know how long back, 360p, has a pretty decent stereo recording mic built in. I'm becoming very surprised I can't find one with it anymore.

In real production situations it's better to have a detachable mic than to rely on one built in. You have way more flexibility if you can mount the mic on a boom or several inches off the camera. This also reduces the issue of zooming motor noise being picked up (by displacing the mic off the camera housing). This is why even extremely high quality cameras (I've worked with several in the thousands of dollars range) still have eh quality built-in mics.

Luke likes this

In real production situations it's better to have a detachable mic than to rely on one built in. You have way more flexibility if you can mount the mic on a boom or several inches off the camera. This also reduces the issue of zooming motor noise being picked up (by displacing the mic off the camera housing). This is why even extremely high quality cameras (I've worked with several in the thousands of dollars range) still have eh quality built-in mics.

So how does an external mic work? Does it connect into the camera/camcorder, or does it have it's own device and mounts somewhere on the camera? Unless it's product dependent then iunno. Whatever is close to my expectations and simple to use.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0