Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Phoenix 3

50 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Wait, why is it required to replace my original deathisland.map, instead of being an MD like phoenix2? 

KsqHutE.png

Wait, why is it required to replace my original deathisland.map, instead of being an MD like phoenix2? 

Because this is for HPC, not MD. You can't actually launch MD maps on PC without typing it into console or using HAC2. For those who want it on MD or HAC2, it's an automatic download, you don't need to manually install it.

WaeV likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Ok, so is it running on the OC community halo server? I have that one bookmarked in HAC2, so I can just join it to start the auto download?

KsqHutE.png

Ok, so is it running on the OC community halo server? I have that one bookmarked in HAC2, so I can just join it to start the auto download?

Yeah.

NeX likes this

I see you all in Phoenix3_2 but i don't see anywhere to download it, and HAC2 doesn't seem to have it yet. Sad face.

KsqHutE.png

I get tired of the gritty lookin' spartan armor and dull lifeless forerunner stuff, so I went ahead and tweaked some shaders. 'Cha think?

hA6Oa4F.jpgiX0skee.jpg

zJthh1Z.jpghmDv4tA.jpgb3CoKoK.jpgXDXvWxu.jpg

album

nothin' fancy mind you, just some more bumping - and alien tech should at least be a tad glossy, not dead and lackluster as the stock forerunner metals.

Edited by NeX
WaeV, Takka, Kvasir and 1 other like this

KsqHutE.png

That looks great, how did you get bumpmapping on without dynamic light?

NeX likes this

Little trick I figured out during the process of making the Revolution maps - Halo doesn't support non-dynamic bumping by default, however, It can treat the "light" from a cubemap as a dynamic source, and so give you a bump effect by the reflection. It's "bumped cube map", and it works pretty well. You up the lightmap brightness to give the metal a decent sheen, then a tad more on the parallel/perpindicular brightness (a little goes a long way here, too much and it looks like you dipped it all in chrome), and then pick a cube that has a pretty good spread and mix of light/dark splotches. Forerunner Interiors is a good one for subtly giving it some bumping effects, another good one is the elite cubemap dark grey, since it has almost an all-or-nothing bright/dark feel, so you go from flat metal to seeing the brightness, and therefore bumps, almost as if there is a light source unseen at an angle. Gives it a neat little feel.

I did all that in a bout 10 minutes with one test where i took the screenies. If you want I could refine it a bit - obviously not adding anything new, just changing a few dependencies and values here and there.

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

Thanks, I'll look into it. =]

What bump did you use on the walls, by the way?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0