Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samuco

Archon

140 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Yup. Pointed it to the right bitmaps. And as for no map working, not necessarily true - I tried "crossing", an MD map, and it worked...kind of. I was about a mile away from the whole structure, would have taken me forever to zoom to it. Only one that works correctly so far was phoenix2

KsqHutE.png

Good lord this is amazing. It honestly shouldn't even reference the name swordedit in any way anymore - it's a completely different application than the giant pile of code I wrote / copied over a few weeks when I was 17.

While I'm really, really amazed that this community still exists, I'm more amazed with how much the development tools have progressed. The tools are a far cry from using a hex editor and a calculator to find and modify tags that I remember doing back in 2006 or so.

Anyway, I don't have anything of substance to add to this conversation. I checked macgamingmods earlier today and saw that I was asked a few months ago about the licensing of swordedit code. Please license the code however you wish, however, I've got to question why anyone would want to continue using the crap code that I wrote without reading any documentation.

Edited by sword
Samuco, WaeV and NeX like this

Good lord this is amazing. It honestly shouldn't even reference the name swordedit in any way anymore - it's a completely different application than the giant pile of code I wrote / copied over a few weeks when I was 17.

While I'm really, really amazed that this community still exists, I'm more amazed with how much the development tools have progressed. The tools are a far cry from using a hex editor and a calculator to find and modify tags that I remember doing back in 2006 or so.

Anyway, I don't have anything of substance to add to this conversation. I checked macgamingmods earlier today and saw that I was asked a few months ago about the licensing of swordedit code. Please license the code however you wish, however, I've got to question why anyone would want to continue using the crap code that I wrote without reading any documentation.

Hey, welcome to the community.

I've noticed you haven't yet validated your account. You will need to do so or many of your features will remain locked down, and your account will eventually be automatically deleted. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Hey, welcome to the community.

I've noticed you haven't yet validated your account. You will need to do so or many of your features will remain locked down, and your account will eventually be automatically deleted. Let me know if you have any trouble.

I seem to be having problems receiving the email. I've double checked how I spelled my email address, and requested the validation email a few more times, but still nothing. Nothing seems to be getting caught in a spam filter either. It's alright though, I don't plan on sticking around. I wanted to pop by and congratulate everyone who has continued working on these projects as they've evolved into beautiful programs.

Samuco likes this

Heh yeah.. I was the one that contacted you about that licensing; Samuco can now do as he pleases with it I suppose. Good to hear you're still alive 'n all : ). A portion of us are around on MGM's IRC chat if you feel like popping by. Other than that I had also tried to contact you via email but the email you gave me back then seems to no longer work.

Floofies likes this

In my netcode adventure, I have made certain tools that will never see the light of day.

I have made a tool that allows me to 'chat' as other players during a Halo game (where I chat normally and it appears as a player of my choice). 

I accidentally disabled another players weapon and ability to throw grenades.

I have made bots that can fill up a halo server and perform various useless functions like shooting, walking, driving etc

These work on any halo server as a client in a game (not host).

Does this make me a bad person? :'(

Edited by Samuco

These work on any halo server as a client in a game (not host).

Does this make me a bad person? :'(

Only if you don't release the goodies

KsqHutE.png

Only if you don't release the goodies

I beg to differ. I prefer not seeing the average person joining a public game to mess it up.