Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sceny

Looking for a tool

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a Halo modding tool that allows you to take scenery and scenery locations from one map and stick them into another map?

Tiddy-bits:

using eschaton you can PMI shit from one map into another, I know there was a tutorial on MH for it at one time somewhere

nicksartthread.jpg

19th person to join the forums

:D

Does anyone know of a Halo modding tool that allows you to take scenery and scenery locations from one map and stick them into another map?

I assume this means as if you were placing all the scenery in the exact same x,y,z coordinates. This may take some doing as it could create conflicts with the existing map you are importing into. Off the top of my head i cannot think of a tool that specifically does this, however there are a variety of ways you could go about exporting this data from a map and doing the PMI and recreation of the scenery placement. I've been out of the game for many years, but i think the easiest way to do this would be to use Tool or something similar, as you want to be creating new scen slots in the scnr for this and existing scenery in the map.

WaeV likes this

This is not good then. I might actually need to dedicated time to what I want to do :(

E: What sort of conflicts?

Edited by Sceny ツ

I cant see too many conflicts arising from this, pretty much the only one I could think of is an out of range error (where the co-ords of an item in one map might be fine, but in another might be way outside the bsp model)

Like Dirk, I've been out of modding halo for a while, so couldn't tell you step by step how to PMI stuff from one map into another. As for copying co-ords, I don't know of a program that will do that

nicksartthread.jpg

I know how to PMI and I know how to copy the co-ords in the scenario, but I'd still need to place scenery.

Edited by Sceny ツ

sparkedit (as you know) but I'm not sure theres a way to automatically place the scenery in said co-ords.

Maybe I'm being a complete tool, I'm sure theres some tools I don't know of yet.

Just don't be fucking lazy and do some manual work, bitch! :D

nicksartthread.jpg

Sceny, Sapien will do it automatically. Set the scenario you want scenery FROM as a child scenario of the one you want to put the scenery into.

Umh7x1l.gif

I was looking for the easiest way to copy scenery placements from one map to another. It looks like i'm going to have to pull my figure out and do some work. :(

Usually when I've had to do this in the past I've just swapped out the scenario, but it would of course have to be the same original map.

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0