Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solaris

What do you do for inspiration?

24 posts in this topic

I usually have a line or bit of dialogue in my head, and work from there, when I actually find the time to allow myself to get inspired.

I need beautiful surroundings and silence, or music that suits the mood I'm creating. That usually is all I need.

hyenabuddy.png

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - Valerie Page

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Friend coming over today to record vocals. We are also working on the song I made a few nights ago to make it better. He comes from a more metal background, and we are working on a more rap song. We shall see what comes out of this.

I've sort of started writing again :D It excites me

hyenabuddy.png

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - Valerie Page

Different kinds of music inspire me to create different things, although many of my ideas never see fruition.

RxoL70s.png

<00:52:19> "Pandora": dance bitch dance

I limit myself, this really isnt inspiration but more of how i get around writers block, i'll say, I should write a song, using only 3 notes, a bass, and the same drum loop, only using effects to give it variation. tweaking around with a sound 9 million times you find some amazing effects that i can then use in my other songs. sometimes i find that transition i need for another song, sometimes i just make a song that is absolutly terrible, if the ladder i laugh at what i did, then write a song using the A major scale, cause it's so ungodly happy

i get inspired by other things, and use the inspiration of a setting or character (i do have a method of creating characters basically from scratch though) and build everything else around it, usually using other good ideas i have. i have so many ideas for stories/short stories i can barely remember them

I usually listen to music or take a look at some random pictures on the internet. If that doesn't work, I generally just stare off randomly into space until something pops into my head.

When I'm too damn busy to have the time to write or doodle is when I get ideas. Then when I'm bored I can't remember shit. >.<