What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke

Imgur Pro - Review

12 posts in this topic

Everyone knows what imgur is. But did you know that you could make imgur even better? Well you can!

Imgur Pro gives you two insanely useful features (and a smattering of other ones that are also cool if you're into that). The big one being that all images have a 5MB limit instead of 1MB for JPG/PNG and 2MB for GIF. No more gross recompression of your beautiful triple monitor Crysis screenshots. Second, you can make all you images upload as PNG instead of JPG. Down with JPG!

Full Feature List:

Sr1X1Oc.png

I pay for mine month to month, which totals $3 a month. If you pay yearly, it's $23.95, which is less than $2 per month. Basically dirt cheap. And insanely worth it, given imgur's supreme convenience. There are other services like min.us that allow for uploads of any size, but in my experience, they're really slow, and no where near as simple and convenient as imgur.

I give it 5/5(MB)

WaeV, Skeezix the Cat and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

Awesome review, at first I thought this was in Off Topic and was confused, wondering how much they were paying you, and how I could possibly get in on it lol.

I'd definitely be interested in this, if I didn't already have my own hosting.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I'd definitely be interested in this, if I didn't already have my own hosting.

The thing about FTP hosting for me was always that
  • It was insanely stupid to just put up an image and link it. You have to open your ftp client, navigate to the image and the directory, upload it, then putz around and type out the public facing address... It was just way too much work for what I wanted to do.
  • E3p0 wouldn't know what uptime is if it punched him in the face. I'm sure this isnt the case with your site, but regardless, I've never seen imgur direct linking not working. (They do sometimes shut off albums under serious load.)
Kvasir likes this

1. It was insanely stupid to just put up an image and link it. You have to open your ftp client, navigate to the image and the directory, upload it, then putz around and type out the public facing address... It was just way too much work for what I wanted to do.
  2. E3p0 wouldn't know what uptime is if it punched him in the face. I'm sure this isnt the case with your site, but regardless, I've never seen imgur direct linking not working. (They do sometimes shut off albums under serious load.)

Pong made me an uploader web page for my hosting =p

Skeezix the Cat likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

While I like imgur because it isn't a gayassfuckingshitsucking website like photobucket, I still prefer using Dropbox for my own purposes.

oVoXWXc.png

Plus you can actually delete stuff from your own account, whereas with Imgur the only thing the delete URL seems to do is uh, well, nothing much for at least quite a while.

Edited by Btcc22
Takka likes this

•  
  • It was insanely stupid to just put up an image and link it. You have to open your ftp client, navigate to the image and the directory, upload it, then putz around and type out the public facing address... It was just way too much work for what I wanted to do.
  • E3p0 wouldn't know what uptime is if it punched him in the face. I'm sure this isnt the case with your site, but regardless, I've never seen imgur direct linking not working. (They do sometimes shut off albums under serious load.)

Jing allows FTP uploads and auto linking.

Or just use dropbox

Doldrums.png

Nice review, I never knew there was a upgrade for imgur, I use imgur alot but never cared to upgrade.

But still thanks for this review, I learned something today.

Imgur is infinitely better than fucking photobucket. Every goddamn time I tried finding a halo modding tutorial or basically anything involving images, it was hosted on photobucket and they were like HURR IMAG NO LONGUR AVAIRABRRR

WaeV likes this

oVoXWXc.png

I enjoyed reading your review about the image hosting company that I mostly use. I remember that a close friend recommended imgur to me. He is a Graphic Designers and he is in need of uploading big images, that's why he uses it. Unfortunately, I do not want to spend some money on imgur because I am completely satisfied with my Standard Plan. Finally, I would like to say that I adore its awesome design and structure!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0