What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Pepsi

Funny Pictures and Videos (one per post)

7,633 posts in this topic

"Hers, ours, yours, theirs" are all possessive nouns. "Which dress do I like best? Hers is the one I like best." "Her, our, your, their" are the possessive adjectives. "Which dress do I like best? Her dress is the one I like best."

"Its" is both the noun form and the adjective form. It seems like it should have an apostrophe because you add apostrophes before the S in nouns when making them into possessive adjectives, but you don't because you're not adding an S in the same way you add it to a different noun; you're just adding S to the pronoun "it" as a new letter, just like "you" gets R added to it to make "your" and form a new word. Since S is the letter added, you don't need to add the S again to make the noun form (the way you add S to "your" to make "yours" for the possessive noun).

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't NASA been saying consistently for years and years that there is evidence of liquid water having been on Mars? And more and better evidence is discovered frequently?

I have no idea without doing a search before I posted that 'funny pic'. Maybe you could source it and post a section dedicated to it. I just thought it was funny at the time.

I have no idea without doing a search before I posted that 'funny pic'. Maybe you could source it and post a section dedicated to it. I just thought it was funny at the time.

What he's saying is that your picture seemed to "called it" on the NASA announcement yesterday, which is awesome.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.