What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Movie Review - Pacific Rim

9/10

I personally think this is a "must watch" movie. The way the producers threw it together kept it interesting.

The movie starts out with the intro giving a quick run on what's happening and what started the war between the monsters(Kanju) and the mechs(Jeagers). AS it quickly wraps that up, the rest of the movie is a constant line of action with some background on a few characters.

The movie kept it fast pace and interesting, the actors were excellent, and the visual effects blended with the environment very well.

Things that could of been changed were; I would of loved to see a tag team battle from the Jeagers. They had a small one with the Kanju's but it went pretty quickly.

The fights take place on very rainy days. It's like they haven't seen sunlight in decades.

And something that I liked but was an ass move

Why did they have to put a crying little girl in this? She was a fabulous actor but damn...

Quick movie breakdown, there's more to it so it's better to watch it yourself.

--Kanju's arrive on earth by a rift portal in the Pacific Ocean.

Your main character is a guy, who in the beginning of the movie looses his brother partner in a fight with a Kanju in the Pacific. While still synced with his brothers mind as he died, he remained a little shaken, but proceeded to defeat the Kanju solo. Which in this case is extremely dangerous as the load of information from the Jeager is to much for a single user.

He survives by striding to land and a old man and a child happens to be there. So forth, he becomes a construction worker.

Not long after, the Kanju's start to adapt, and the Jeagers were become unable to take them down without loosing their lifes. Thus the project was being cancelled. In a last effort, the main man was found and brought back to fight.

Stuff happens, and his new partner is a young girl who was caught in an incident involving a Kanju chasing here, and being saved by a Jeager who is piloted by a black man. Partner unknown.

The black man refuses to let the girl pilot a Jeager because he feared her vengeance will get her killed. He had raised her as a child since that incident, and they have feelings for each other.

With a incoming attack, he had no choice but to let her pilot with the main guy, and they worked exceedingly well together.

Near the end, an effort was made to close the portal, costing a mans son to die along with the black man in a nuclear explosion made to clear a path for the main man. His Jeager is nuclear powered, as the plan was to nuke the rift. They were successful, managed to escape, and yada yada holy shit it's sunny outside.

Edited by ShikuTeshi
Vuthakral, Takka and Kavawuvi like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Thanks for the review!

I was sort of interested in this, but expected it to be along the lines of Transformers in depth because all they showed off in the trailers was generic action. I've heard a lot of good things about it since it came out though, so I think I'll have to see it.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Finally got around to seeing the movie, was a bit cliche but it was pretty good. Wouldn't call it a "must watch" though.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0