What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,012 posts in this topic

Been a long week with classes, but some updates:

Fixed the AR spread issue, it's now a tad more accurate and has a slightly higher ROF. That should balance it out nicely without having to increase the damage, which I think is set perfectly at taking 17 bullets to kill, meaning you cannot possibly kill two players with one clip (discounting headshots taking higher damage fractions)

Banshee drivers now take a larger damage fraction as well to nerf the shee's power as was pointed out in the game night testing sessions. The banshee seems fine to me in terms of its power, but it did take far too long to bring down a shee. Even with the whole team taking pot shots, much much too long. A shee like that on death island or gephyrophobia would be nigh unstoppable in the wrong hands.

Tanks are a bit faster, accelerate faster, have less mass and a little more friciton, overall they are just a bit more maneuverable than they were before. 

Fixed an issue where plasma grenades killed elite bipeds in one explosion, due to a too-high shield modifier in the damage_effect tag. 

Tensity is now almost complete, and only really needs night time lightmaps before it is finished. Great map, I'm looking forward to playing that one.

I've started compiling a list of maps that should be in the public beta....I'd like to hear any suggestions, but I'm going to keep it down to about 6 maps for the beta (maybe a few more if I feel so inclined), otherwise there won't be much to look forward to for the full release.

Also, here's a rough in-game of the current status of the elite-biped HUD. I just finished up this version of the shields/health and ingamed it to see how its coming along. Give me some crit/feedback.

So far, the shield meters definitely need to be..bigger? longer? they're too small right now, disproportionate to the health bars. The health bars themselves need to be rounded a bit more to fit with the newer style, and not be too close a copy of the human cyborg health meter. I like this style (modeled after the reach version), but it definitely needs something more.

The current visor is just in as placeholder, I won't finish up a true one until the shield/health is complete. That shit takes forever, so I'm not doing it twice :P

acAihzs.jpg

Sceny, aki664 and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

The HUD looks great although I think you should have different colours of the HUD for spartans and elites (maybe you already have this implemented already). The shields look like they need to be bigger, although a minimalistic HUD would be pretty nice.

For the maps, a good mix would be preferable: two big teams, two mid size and two small ones.

The HUD needs to be the same color as it wont match the rest of the HUD. You can always change the color on the fly with HAC2's HUD color changer.

aki664, NeX and swamp like this

The HUD needs to be the same color as it wont match the rest of the HUD. You can always change the color on the fly with HAC2's HUD color changer.

Thanks, I didn't know it had to be the same. I thought it was possible to make different HUD for different bipeds and in that process, changing the colour as well. Thanks for the info, it's always good to know.

Yes and no. I could make the radar, visor, shield, and health meters different colors, but only because those portions are dependent upon the biped which you're attached to. The weapon meters and grenade meters are handled by the weapons themselves, so it has to stay consistent.

Now, what I COULD do, but WON'T do, is make a completely second set of duplicate weapons that have a new "elite-version" of the HUD for them, and inside the phasor script which switches bipeds have it also swap out that weapon for the elite-HUD version each time an elite player picks up a weapon.

1, that's a lot of stupidly unnecessary work and scripting for such a tiny little change, not to mention it's just a color thing. Besides, in the interest of "making it really unique for elites", I can't do most of it anyway. The vehicles wouldn't change and I don't think that could even be scripted for the different HUD variants if I did want to. Not only that, but the FP arms will always be limited to one set anyway, so even the "elite" players will still see master chief's hands.

It's not perfect, it's a neat mod, and I just hope that the extra feature of being able to play eiltes vs spartans is fun enough for people to overlook some of the obstacles that I can't do anything about.

Oh and don't forget about the flood zombies possibilities...

Sceny, aki664 and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

1, that's a lot of stupidly unnecessary work and scripting for such a tiny little change, not to mention it's just a color thing. Besides, in the interest of "making it really unique for elites", I can't do most of it anyway. The vehicles wouldn't change and I don't think that could even be scripted for the different HUD variants if I did want to. Not only that, but the FP arms will always be limited to one set anyway, so even the "elite" players will still see master chief's hands.

Ah, thanks, I was asking myself why there was FP human arms instead of elites. Thanks for the info, keep up the good work!

Welp, I gotta say, I'm gettin' this shit down to a science.

I got up today, I put my swag on, took a look in the mirror, said "lets finish that elite HUD".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKzkGGm-eQY&feature=youtu.be

I liked the "thinner" feel of the shield bar, but it did need some more volume, so I extended the sides a bit more and made them "beefier". I then made some tweaks to spacing and such so that all the meters and outlines were flush and perfectly spaced, then proceeded to make the visor.

I changed the elite "DANGER" warning symbols to actual covenant script, too, which I thought looked neat :P

WaeV and aki664 like this

KsqHutE.png

Are you not going to curve the Elite shield bar like you have with the Spartan shield bar?

Are you not going to curve the Elite shield bar like you have with the Spartan shield bar?

I actually did, but i like the look of it straight so i reverted. The corners curve a bit, but other than that i like the angular aesthetic for the elites'

Sceny likes this

KsqHutE.png