Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,011 posts in this topic

despite the issue being fixed, is having each script its own .hsc a bad thing?

You can only have four separate .hsc files per map.

NeX and WaeV like this

Umh7x1l.gif

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

With finals week next week, and my last project of the semester due tomorrow, school is finally wrapping up, which means I can get back to focusing on what's important :D

I've since replaced the assault rifle from CMT spv3 a50 with MasterNoob's version of the MA5B, and I have to say it's probably one of the most beautiful custom recreations of a weapon that I've seen. I believe bourrin did the work on the compass/ammo counter, but I could be wrong on that. Either way, it fits with the assets I have currently VERY well, and brings me down to really only "needing" a model replacement for the Rocket Launcher. I will look through b30 when it releases, and if the warthog is THAT sexy, I'll probably end up using it, but since this is all optimized for OS, the shader replacement work may be more than it's worth. Then again, maybe not. The unknown is the exciting part about this release, and I'm excited both to play the hell out of it, as well as see what parts of it I may be able to repurpose. I doubt I'll end up using the new CMT cyborg model, simply because I really didn't like the last one, and I didn't like the CEA version (which I think is what theirs is heavily based off of), so who knows. I'm also excited because I know they've got a great collection of forerunner environment textures that I'd love to look through.

We'll also see what kind of other vehicles and such are in there, but for now, I'd be happy with just a rocket launcher model/animations. 

Which brings me to my point:

BETA RELEASE

Finally getting to where that's a close reality. My plan now is to have ~3 servers in total running some variation of the maps publicly and hosted on HAC2 for download, just to see how they really play in a public setting. 

HPC: 1 server will be maintained and admined by Krazychic and Iggy (and whomever they see fit to let help)

1 server will be a shotties creek server for nostalgia purposes :P

HCE: 1 server will be maintained by .... well as of yet no one, but obviously help is needed.

All the servers will be hosted by thegamerspub.org, and will open more as needed if demand is high. All in all though, I don't expect any kind of crazy interest, so I think 3 should be enough spread across both games.

WIP Map List for beta:

- Sanctuary [definite]

- Snowcast [definite]

- Battle Creek [definite]

- Dichotomy [definite]

- Portent [maybe]

- Sidewinder [if it's done in time]

- Gridiron117 [definite]

- Wizard [definite]

- Warlock [maybe]

I have also come across a previously unreleased version of the H3 map "guardian", BSP etc done by mootjuh. Currently the map exceptions for me after about 15 seconds in the LAN server, but I plan on looking at it more in depth to see if creating a new scenario for it may be a fix. I'm also looking at deltaruins and trench, will keep updates coming.

WaeV, aki664 and Krazychic like this

KsqHutE.png

That's awesome to know man!! Well done! Can't wait to start playing on these maps ;) In the meantime, good luck with your finals!

With finals week next week, and my last project of the semester due tomorrow, school is finally wrapping up, which means I can get back to focusing on what's important :D

I've since replaced the assault rifle from CMT spv3 a50 with MasterNoob's version of the MA5B, and I have to say it's probably one of the most beautiful custom recreations of a weapon that I've seen. I believe bourrin did the work on the compass/ammo counter, but I could be wrong on that. Either way, it fits with the assets I have currently VERY well, and brings me down to really only "needing" a model replacement for the Rocket Launcher. I will look through b30 when it releases, and if the warthog is THAT sexy, I'll probably end up using it, but since this is all optimized for OS, the shader replacement work may be more than it's worth. Then again, maybe not. The unknown is the exciting part about this release, and I'm excited both to play the hell out of it, as well as see what parts of it I may be able to repurpose. I doubt I'll end up using the new CMT cyborg model, simply because I really didn't like the last one, and I didn't like the CEA version (which I think is what theirs is heavily based off of), so who knows. I'm also excited because I know they've got a great collection of forerunner environment textures that I'd love to look through.

We'll also see what kind of other vehicles and such are in there, but for now, I'd be happy with just a rocket launcher model/animations. 

Which brings me to my point:

BETA RELEASE

Finally getting to where that's a close reality. My plan now is to have ~3 servers in total running some variation of the maps publicly and hosted on HAC2 for download, just to see how they really play in a public setting. 

HPC: 1 server will be maintained and admined by Krazychic and Iggy (and whomever they see fit to let help)

1 server will be a shotties creek server for nostalgia purposes :P

HCE: 1 server will be maintained by .... well as of yet no one, but obviously help is needed.

All the servers will be hosted by thegamerspub.org, and will open more as needed if demand is high. All in all though, I don't expect any kind of crazy interest, so I think 3 should be enough spread across both games.

WIP Map List for beta:

- Sanctuary [definite]

- Snowcast [definite]

- Battle Creek [definite]

- Dichotomy [definite]

- Portent [maybe]

- Sidewinder [if it's done in time]

- Gridiron117 [definite]

- Wizard [definite]

- Warlock [maybe]

I have also come across a previously unreleased version of the H3 map "guardian", BSP etc done by mootjuh. Currently the map exceptions for me after about 15 seconds in the LAN server, but I plan on looking at it more in depth to see if creating a new scenario for it may be a fix. I'm also looking at deltaruins and trench, will keep updates coming.

You said mootjuh? That's my friend. Haha I actually know someone from the hpc modding community!

NeX likes this

Updates soon, I'm feeling a little bit high from ripping literally every texture from halo anniversary that I could get my filthy little hands on. Came out with a haul of over 300 textures, from environments, skies, forerunner, covenant, human, to newer versions of vehicle skins, detail maps, and more. I'm sweaty and my mouse hand hurts, but major props to the adjutant team for making it happen!

Now that exams are finished (well, as of noon tomorrow), I will have much more free time to mess with this. I'm going to push through the maps on the beta list (and beyond, depending on when TSC:E makes its debut) with the new textures and see how things turn out.  Getting very hopeful for a good beta, especially now that nolead for phasor is getting closer to done (apparently there are still some grenade kinks to work out), so I'll keep you guys posted and upload progress as it happens. 

WaeV, aki664 and Krazychic like this

KsqHutE.png