Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,011 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

They stole it from Mystic first!

But hell yeah man, it's one of my favorites. I have a few other panoramics I'd like to try for this one with a more "jungley" theme, but this one is a definite fall back option if shit hits the fan. Sooooo pretty.

UPDATE:

Manged to tinker around with the sky a little bit today.....end results surprised me :P

79TBxTK.jpg

AC5aHxz.jpgrrwS26z.jpg

rsFMSTt.jpg

Sweet. That looks pretty similar to the sky on the Halo 2 Anniversary version of Sanctuary. I watched gameplay videos for that map after I saw your sky and really noticed similarities, which means that's a dope skybox you have there. On another note I wish I had an Xbox One as Master Chief Collection is coming out super soon and I want it so badddd

Edited by HandofGod

Oh my, why didn't I notice that.

Alright Nex, It's amazing, and you're going to hate me for this, but you should to re-do it. It's absolutely beautiful, it looks like you're literally nestled right within the Rockies. That's the thing, all those trees look like deciduous trees, your map is clearly central american jungle.

Even the tree you have in the map already as a scenery item, the white one. that's a Kapok tree, which lies within Central America and it's jungles;

187362761_8e8355c313.jpg

Ceiba-tree-trunk-by-Geoff-Gallice-542069

Also, I've got your blocks, sending to your inbox in a minute or so.

Oh my, why didn't I notice that.

Alright Nex, It's amazing, and you're going to hate me for this, but you should to re-do it. It's absolutely beautiful, it looks like you're literally nestled right within the Rockies. That's the thing, all those trees look like deciduous trees, your map is clearly central american jungle.

Even the tree you have in the map already as a scenery item, the white one. that's a Kapok tree, which lies within Central America and it's jungles;

187362761_8e8355c313.jpg

Ceiba-tree-trunk-by-Geoff-Gallice-542069

Also, I've got your blocks, sending to your inbox in a minute or so.

Find me a panoramic of central american jungle and ill redo it. I cant find one, and since i dont live there i cant go out and take a pan myself lol.

And badass man thanks

WaeV and DeadHamster like this

KsqHutE.png

Sidewinder sky. I may reuse this sky (a daytime variant) for icefields...

Not finished with the level shaders, and these are 0 quality radiosity lightmaps with Sapien, but that's the gist of it anyway. Hopefully this one won't give me too much more trouble to get into its final beta stage :D

I'm so happy this project is slowly starting to wrap itself up

KTEGEUT.jpgIGFJtLw.jpg

Krazychic, WaeV and GVPWuzHere like this

KsqHutE.png