Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,011 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Not bad, those boulders could use a new texture though.

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately they only have a soso tag, for shader model, not a shader environment, so I can't re-scale the textures in eschaton. That leaves me to use the overall boulder texture and re-vamp it completely in photoshop, instead of using a tileable/seamless texture to overlay on top of it, so that will take some time. I did it start to finish today with texturing, so that's something I'll be working on for the final version.

What do you think of the cliffs though? I tried to step 'em up from the crappy ones I had in Battle Creek

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately they only have a soso tag, for shader model, not a shader environment, so I can't re-scale the textures in eschaton. 

Just PMI the cliff's shader environment tag, then replace the shader model tag with it. Make sure you swap the bitmaps around.

Edited by Sceny ツ
WaeV and NeX like this

Um, well I have a guy that puts the tags into a map for me, but that's a convenience factor, saves a ton of time. Other than that its just me.

And damn sceny, I can't believe that never even occurred to me...

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

I like it, i really like it. Good quality, great. Keep up the good work!

Though, i think it looks really dark. From my point of view it doesn't just has better graphics it has also i dunno a bit depressive graphics. I don't know why but the whole total just seems a little sad. The sky is really dark and especially on Death Island i noticed a really i dunno emo trend.

Also that background song wasn't really happy xD but that's a side issue.

I could be mistaking, but that's just what i was thinking while watching the video, but besides that it still looks great.