Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,011 posts in this topic

That doesn't really answer my question tough - I want to know what tangible thing you need to know (process, values, etc) to achieve that.

If you just want to rip the tags, but don't know how, then that's the thing you need to know.

If you want to get the values from the tags, then that's the thing you need to know.

No, I know extract the tags perfectly, i need know the values.

But if you say that i need just open the tags for watch the values, right?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

No, I know extract the tags perfectly, i need know the values.

But if you say that i need just open the tags for watch the values, right?

Good luck. I tried directly ripping the tags only to find that Halo PC doesn't even bother reading the tag class that's used for the Xbox Halo teleporter, as if support for it was completely deleted.

Zangetsu likes this

Ah. If you're trying to mod with PC tools then you've started with an insurmountable handicap right off the bat.

IIRC I used them in PC maps, too. They're just scenery items.

That being said, you can't get that effect on teleporters that are part of the BSP (without rebuilding it), as the scenery uses a secondary shader_transparent_plasma to achieve the desired effect.

So your options are to rip the scenery tags recursively and replace the default teleporter shields with them, or you're SOL.

KsqHutE.png

Ah. If you're trying to mod with PC tools then you've started with an insurmountable handicap right off the bat.

IIRC I used them in PC maps, too. They're just scenery items.

That being said, you can't get that effect on teleporters that are part of the BSP (without rebuilding it), as the scenery uses a secondary shader_transparent_plasma to achieve the desired effect.

So your options are to rip the scenery tags recursively and replace the default teleporter shields with them, or you're SOL.

Yeah,The Shader_Plasma_Trasnparent works correctly and it's really hypnotic, I have already noticed of the secundary shader but  i can't use 2 shaders at the same time,and if i replace the tag the default values not change that is the problem,so anyway i'm studyng that

c6ifsTRl.jpg

Xbox models are not possible with any Halo PC tools, as they're different formats. The scenery tag itself is completely identical, however.

NeX likes this

Xbox models are not possible with any Halo PC tools, as they're different formats. The scenery tag itself is completely identical, however.

Sorry I meant ripping the revolution teleporter scenery which is just a modified h2 version. He originally contacted me on YouTube asking how he could use them from rev maps, so I assumed that's what he meant all along

Yeah,The Shader_Plasma_Trasnparent works correctly and it's really hypnotic, I have already noticed of the secundary shader but  i can't use 2 shaders at the same time,and if i replace the tag the default values not change that is the problem,so anyway i'm studyng that

That's what I'm talking about. The double shader overlay is strictly for the scenery variants. Some Halo mp maps use teleporter shields that are actually BSP geometry, and so they only have the one material mapped to that geometry.

A workaround for those would be to replace the teleporter geometry shader with a transparent shader, and then place the scenery version where it should go, as if the BSP version didn't exist.

KsqHutE.png

Thanks for bringing us the Revolution NeX. It is truly revolutionary.

Would it be possible to get an unfinished version of coagulation? I'd love to see some of the work you did on it.

I found NeX's latest version of Coagulation this morning when I was organizing all the Halo map files I have on my computer lol. I was interested in looking at it again too as I think its a pretty good build so I was pleasantly surprised when I found it. I uploaded it to Mediafire and here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6j8zhnmz1ubhr6/rev_coagulation_test.map.zip

Edited by HandofGod
NeX likes this

Yeah, guys, remind me of anything you might want from the project - obviously the maps were open, but there may be source material or other stuff you saw in vids or something that you fancy and I may still have laying around.

I planned on uploading the textures, UI stuff, etc, but I figured whats the point since most people just rip the tags and wouldn't have any need for the source material.

I think I have decent .PSD files with layers of the UI elements, things like that.

WaeV likes this

KsqHutE.png

Where does the optic.dll go, in the controls folder? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, cause I put it in the controls folder and it doesn't work. Can you tell me how to fix this?