What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,012 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Ok, I'm setting the game night for a week from tomorrow - Friday, February 27th at 8:00 pm EST.

I'm going to hold this as a final beta testing night to catch any glaring issues before this project makes its first public debut! 

I'm planning on releasing this beta on CE and PC (and MD if there's any interest), so its up to you to let me know which platform would be best for you guys. I'm happy with either, CE-PC conversions must take place anyway when I am creating the .zip files to send to Btcc22 to put on HAC, so the inconvenience isn't really there.

Anyway, just let me know, and I'll post more details such as server and maps at a later date.

Thanks for sticking with me throughout this project, the end is near!

Krazychic, aki664 and Takka like this

KsqHutE.png

Here's a rough list of the maps i plan on releasing for the public beta:

Beavercreek
Deltaruins
Icefields
Lockout
Midship
Prisoner
Ratrace
Sanctuary
Snowcast
Trench
Valhalla

Since there've been no replies on format, I'm going to go with CE unless objections are made. Initial testing of viability will start tomorrow, links will follow once each map has been tested for crashes. I'd rather not recreate the midship situation :P

KsqHutE.png

CE it is. I'm debating making a post about it on halomaps....but I really...really....really...fucking hate that place. I pop over now and again because there's lots of activity, but it's like the occasional good pieces of work and discussion you happen across are the salt sprinkled throughout the shit.

I guess now the question is, should I do it on a Phasor server, where I can make the multi-team bipeds happen, but which has shoddy nolead and such, or just go with SAPP and get consistent gameplay without featuring the bipeds?

TCK and swamp like this

KsqHutE.png

My suggestion is: put it on halomaps and just leave it and don't read the comments, you only want people to know about it. That forum is filled with trolls but there are a lot of good people too that don't post anything but that just go on this website to check news on projects.

WaeV likes this

Ok, so I'm reasonably confident everything is A-OK on the server, and all the maps are ready to be downloaded. Before I dish out links though, what types of gametypes would you like to play that day? CTF variants, mostly slayer? Any oddball or KOTH? Custom starting weapons, or classic AR/Pistol combo?

Shoot me some suggestions.

KsqHutE.png

I just realized that I actually can play, I'd gotten so used to seeing some group night scheduled on this site and ignoring it because I could never do anything.

I like KOTH, I don't like oddball very much. And I say classic starting weapons.

NeX likes this

Umh7x1l.gif