What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,012 posts in this topic

Would you consider removing the frag sound when you throw a plasma grenade? I've always thought it sounds so out of place.

Tiddy-bits:

Would you consider removing the frag sound when you throw a plasma grenade? I've always thought it sounds so out of place.

Hows this?

Since taking the video I've made the time delay between the activation noise and the arm-whoosh smaller. It now looks correct with the animation.

Quagmirian, swamp, aki664 and 1 other like this

KsqHutE.png

Alrighty. I've finished a few more maps. I also revisited the reticles for the pistol and rocket launcher. I fixed up some issues with the shade turrets, and made them more effective with faster projectiles. Revisited the rocket sound effects, and ripped/edited the grenade launcher reload sound directly from Reach and matched it to the current animations (good catch krazy). Probably some more stuff, but I've been very busy with school and work as of late, so here's a long overdue update.

Prisoner

0jWsnFo.jpg

bbOWf84.jpgYKNIYgU.jpgxw2b0Aa.jpgvz4xeXh.jpg

Rat Race

8AKaBAI.jpgWHE4vZx.jpgzD7IuQ9.jpgCsQcmYi.jpgIEIkD9L.jpg

Lockout

lgzzivW.jpgRwEnzhx.jpgl7i0cjy.jpgMEqyPdO.jpg

Tensity

C1KTq89.jpgZ8uazhg.jpgCIlBViw.jpgdDY1S3e.jpg

Icefields

6qvLyax.jpgoASIsYG.jpgLuvP9Ua.jpgShOM0i3.jpg

VDLxTHI.jpgP6lYI4N.jpg

WaeV, Quagmirian and aki664 like this

KsqHutE.png

Alrighty. I've finished a few more maps. I also revisited the reticles for the pistol and rocket launcher. I fixed up some issues with the shade turrets, and made them more effective with faster projectiles. Revisited the rocket sound effects, and ripped/edited the grenade launcher reload sound directly from Reach and matched it to the current animations (good catch krazy). Probably some more stuff, but I've been very busy with school and work as of late, so here's a long overdue update.

Prisoner

0jWsnFo.jpg

bbOWf84.jpgYKNIYgU.jpgxw2b0Aa.jpgvz4xeXh.jpg

Rat Race

8AKaBAI.jpgWHE4vZx.jpgzD7IuQ9.jpgCsQcmYi.jpgIEIkD9L.jpg

Lockout

lgzzivW.jpgRwEnzhx.jpgl7i0cjy.jpgMEqyPdO.jpg

Tensity

C1KTq89.jpgZ8uazhg.jpgCIlBViw.jpgdDY1S3e.jpg

Icefields

6qvLyax.jpgoASIsYG.jpgLuvP9Ua.jpgShOM0i3.jpg

VDLxTHI.jpgP6lYI4N.jpg

I'm curious, how many maps do you plan on doing for Halo Revolution? Are you doing some of the popular CE maps and the stock multiplayer maps too?

I'm doing as many maps as I physically can while keeping quality up. The longest portion of this project was balancing and perfecting (to me) the tagset. Weapons, vehicles, scenery, etc etc. Texturing is the most fun part of it, in my opinion, as well as adding the environment aspects like scenery or weather to really close in on the feel I want each map to have. So far I like to think I've maintained a high standard of quality, aside from things I physically cannot do anything about like map model issues, but nothing game breaking. If I am remaking a map and I find something that would break gameplay, and I can't fix it at all, I will scrap it.  So far (and this is a quick mock up, not meant to be an official "expectation list" or progress bar) I have:

Done or with very small cosmetic tweaks needed:

1. Battle Creek
  2. Coagulation
  3. Delta Ruins
  4. Dichotomy
  5. Fortress
  6. Gridiron
  7. Ice Fields
  8. Immure
  9. Lockout
  10. Midship
  11. Portent
  12. Prisoner 
  13. Rat Race
  14. Sanctuary
  15. Shockwave
  16. Snowcast
  17. Tensity
  18. Trench
  19. Valhalla
  20. Wizard

Started and >=50% complete:

1. Burial Mounds
  2. Damnation
  3. Imposing
  4. Requiem
  5. Sidewinder
  6. Warlock

Untouched or <50% complete (these may be scrapped as progress occurs)

1. Ascension
  2. Chill Out
  3. Danger Canyon
  4. Death Island
  5. Gephyrophobia
  6. Silent Lexicon
  7. Timberland
  8. Harbinger

Damn....I completed this list and looked at the top section and realized I literally have 20 maps that are done and playable....

A few need some tweaks for things like scenery placement or a final lightmap render but they're "done"...

Shit.

I done did a lot.

Krazychic, WaeV, HandofGod and 1 other like this

KsqHutE.png

Your Prisoner textures are an amazing example of how you are improving on stock Halo while keeping its spirit intact. (Which I know is your goal :P )

Good work as always. Keep chugging to see it through :)

Damn....I completed this list and looked at the top section and realized I literally have 20 maps that are done and playable....

A few need some tweaks for things like scenery placement or a final lightmap render but they're "done"...

Shit.

I done did a lot.

Damn straight you have, ha!
aki664, Krazychic and NeX like this

Fixed up the Postgame Carnage Report, and will be having a final beta testing night sometime towards the end of the month, before the public pack is released.

The maps I plan on including in the public beta are:

Valhalla
Beavercreek
Snowcast
Icefields
Trench
Midship
Portent
Lockout
Sanctuary

We'll be blasting through all of them in one night, so get your game face on!
WaeV and aki664 like this

KsqHutE.png

Fixed up the Postgame Carnage Report, and will be having a final beta testing night sometime towards the end of the month, before the public pack is released.

The maps I plan on including in the public beta are:

Valhalla
Beavercreek
Snowcast
Icefields
Trench
Midship
Portent
Lockout
Sanctuary

We'll be blasting through all of them in one night, so get your game face on!

Haha ugh man this is one of those times when I wish I wasn't just solely on Halo MD