What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
NeX

Halo: Revolution

1,012 posts in this topic

I'll check my config.txt for my settings, no no - not using hac2

Try using hac2. I can't even think of a reason not to.

I'll take it out for now and see if the problem suddenly presents itself, but it's a far down the list problem, since these maps will all be on hac2 primarily, as its the easiest way to distribute. Not to mention, anyone without hac2 wouldn't even be able to see the servers hosting the maps in PC anyway, so the percentage of people that will play these (on PC or CE) that don't have hac2 is fairly low.

Even the HUD is designed and scaled to fit a 1920x1080 standard widescreen monitor with the use of Hac2's built in widescreen scaling hud fix. This mod has always been meant to pair extremely well with that program, the program which provides more useful features than anything before it. Good god, if only for the map caching that keeps CE's load time down to a few seconds for even 50+ custom maps, that's reason enough to use it.

Update:

Coagulation is playable with Day and Night mode. I still need to implement the scripting system that will allow server-side changing, but I'll get to that tonight most likely.

Also, the new bigass with snow is lookin' pretty bitchin

swamp, Sceny and aki664 like this

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

I am very familiar with HAC2, thanks - I don't use it  as there are random client crashes, yes, I updated as well.  Not interested in it.

Fixed config.txt file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/r8lgyx07deophi0/config.txt

Offending config.txt file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/gmdpw4g1r44n67n/config-my-orig.txt

This fixed the drunken monkey blur on the hud of nade launcher.

Also, working on developing gungame and random weapon scripts for your map, I usually begin with retrieving weapon/biped/vehicle tag names with eschaton, then I plug them into a utility script for phasor, which will allow me to retrieve damage tags of projectiles and melee, etc for use in builing a custom script for the map(s)

In the event you might find it useful: http://pastebin.com/rxLBYLih

-- Type: 'coord'  - writes your x,y,z coordinates in or out of a vehicle to screen and game log
-- Type: 'vehname' - writes the tagname of the vehicle you are in - useful for CE maps. Note: Protected CE maps will return '<protected>'  to screen and game log
-- Type: 'weapon' - writes the tagname of the weapon you are holding - useful for CE maps. Note: Protected CE maps will return '<protected>'  to screen and game log

-- Type the abbreviation for these objects (on the right of --) to spawn them near you
-- plasma pistol -- pp
-- needler -- ne
-- revolution shotgun -- sg
-- plasma rifle -- pr
-- revolution assault rifle -- ar
-- nade launcher -- nl
-- rev pistol -- hp
-- rocket launcher -- rl
-- revolution sniper -- sr
-- plasma_cannon -- pc
-- carbine -- cb
-- flag -- fl
-- ball -- bl
-- plasma -- pl
-- frag -- fr
-- healthpack -- hl
-- overshield -- os
-- active camo - ac
-- biped -- cyborg

-- change time of day for the entire server, type:
-- daytime -- /tod 0
-- night -- /tod 1

Often there are weapons that are too powerless/powerful, or unwanted for gun game and random weapons scripts, so I will modify the damage done to balance gameplay and/or advancement.

NeX likes this

Coolio, Ill look at those configs when i get home. I may end up releasing an optimized config with final release if its a consistent issue

Thanks for the gun game stuff, but i was just letting you know for reference since i saw you making custom scripts for custom maps. I wont make one for it, but someone may definitely find this useful

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

Gun-Game/Arms Race for Revolution Maps by Nex

Script: http://pastebin.com/pgLkXLd3

Random Weapons for Revolution Maps by Nex

Script: http://pastebin.com/TGxNCji4

edit: the carbine wouldn't take a clip update, I guess it only has an ammo slot?  Updated gungame and random weapons to prevent error, blocked: writeword(m_weapon + 0x2B8, clip)  if you downloaded gungame above before this edit, redownload, same url above

Edited by NerveBooger
NeX likes this

are those phasor or sapp?

I've got two scripts currently I'm releasing with the whole package that give the ability to have a team (or both) spawn as different bipeds, such as the elites for spartans vs elites gametypes or flood for zombies gametypes. Those scripts only work with phasor, so I'll be including a folder for phasor scripts already, just need to know if I should put those in with them or if they're for SAPP.

These are phasor! derp.

Cool work though, thanks

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

Ok, so I say this now: Midship is working at least for just me on the server. I tweaked some things, reuploaded, it seems to be working, it may have been a spawn point, but I'm not sure. If it aint broke don't fix it, so unless it breaks again tonight during play, I'll leave it as-is.

All other maps are tested and working, especially the lag-less time of day feature (thanks Giraffe)

Valhalla

Coagulation

Portent

Midship

All links are maps for PC, game night will be the same as the last two as far as time and location, I get out of class ~1.5 hours before it starts, I'll try to have the map voting and such working by 8pm EST.

Teamspeak is 74.91.126.92

Hope to see you there!

aki664, Krazychic and DiSiAC like this

KsqHutE.png

Tensity...

There will be no more public releases until the public beta (obviously), but I will still post updates, progress pics and such.

There is still steady progress :P

YEa7YS5.jpg

aki664 and aushrk like this

KsqHutE.png