Takka

Recent Purchases

1400 posts in this topic

A new monitor.
Upgrading from 24"[email protected] to 27"[email protected]

Bigger and better resolution is pretty great! Refresh rate is ok but so far I don't see much of an improvement over 60Hz. It's just seems a bit smoother.

If I'd were to just upgrade for the refresh rate, I'd probably be disappointed. :v
But this is just day 1. Maybe I have yet to find all the improvements of 144Hz.

Sunstriker7 and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

Blue Yeti microphone and another pair of K702s.

Sound quality from the microphone is really good. This might be the best microphone I've owned yet.

Also holy shit, the DAC in the Blue Yeti microphone is goooood. Basically there is a headphone jack for monitoring, but it can also be used to play back audio from your computer, effectively making it an external sound interface.

Enclusion likes this

An HP Reverb G2 VR Headset for nearly half off.
MSRP $599 down to $399. In the middle of purchasing it appears to have retroactively reduced even further to $339 or I did something unknowingly.
It's been awhile since I've written a tech review.

Chalwk, Takka and Enclusion like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Posted (edited)

On 8/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, Chalwk said:

Bought a 15 Button Elgato Stream Deck. $300 from JB HiFi.

Life changer for sure.

https://www.jbhifi.co.nz/game-capture/elgato-stream-deck/331677/

I've considered getting one but unfortunately don't have a good location on my already cramped desk, hopefully I'll be able to expand in the future. Are you planning/currently using it for simple bindings or have you gone further? 

Edited by Enclusion

3 hours ago, Enclusion said:

I've considered getting one but unfortunately don't have a good location on my already cramped desk, hopefully I'll be able to expand in the future. Are you planning/currently using it for simple bindings or have you gone further? 

I use it to control my entire OBS stream production (live, interactive, creative coding and gaming).

Controls everything from switching scenes and source visibility, to on-screen animations, ads and even integration with apps like Discord and Twitch. 

It's amazing. I love it. The huge library of plugins is a bonus!

Enclusion likes this

- I invite you to join my Halo Discord Server.

- Add me on discord: Chalwk#9284
- HSP Repo

- HSP Repo Wiki (new)

In the spirit of buying over priced goods, I bought an overpriced Android TV box: Shield TV Pro £180

2 hours ago, Sceny said:

In the spirit of buying over priced goods, I bought an overpriced Android TV box: Shield TV Pro £180

Honest question, what's the point of something like this if you have a smart tv? Just being able to play games on the tv?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

Honest question, what's the point of something like this if you have a smart tv? Just being able to play games on the tv?

My TV is a really cheap Hisense TV from 2018, and whilst newer models of Hisense TV have Roku built in, mine does not. Apps are pretty limited, I don't have access to newer streaming platforms, and some streaming services are even discontinuing support for my TV.

There are certainly cheaper alternatives out there, but I wanted the ability to be able to run a Plex server, which the Shield TV Pro offers.

I'm also getting £30 cashback, which is a bonus.

Edited by Sceny
Sunstriker7 likes this