Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Tucker933

Recent Purchases

1,271 posts in this topic

These earpads I bought I really comfortable, but they change the sound profile of the headphones pretty dramatically. I'm gonna have to not recommend these.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Today I bought a bunch of stuff at Newegg and Amazon

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600 ($159.99)
  • 2x 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ($226.99)
  • 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD ($119.98)
  • MSI B450M MORTAR AM4 MicroATX board ($79.99)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W G3 80+ Gold PSU ($49.99)

I'm planning to swap this CPU out for the upcoming 8 core Zen 2 CPU (i.e. a Ryzen 7 3800X) and then sell the Ryzen 5 CPU, but I could use the upgrade today. I'm going to continue using my 6700K-based PC for school work, though.

Tucker933, ShikuTeshi and Java like this

Krazychic likes this

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

i7 9700K

MSI MPG Gaming Edge AC

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000MHz

Samsung EVO 970 250GB M.2

2x Corsair ML140 White LED

2x Corsair ML120 twin pack

Total: ~£750

Edited by Sceny
Tucker933 and tarikja like this

My Logitechs Z313 speakers broke cause I mishandled the shit out of them. Got a replacement of another cheap random brand for the sole purpose of whenever I'm playing a local co-op game. It has a sub bass control wheel. Add that with my Asus Sonic Sense Bass Boosting and it's just retarded amounts of Bass. I'm actually considering getting bookshelf speakers with a standalone sub just for even more pure nonsense.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 minutes ago, ShikuTeshi said:

I'm actually considering getting bookshelf speakers with a standalone sub just for even more pure nonsense.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought these a little while back, and can say they're well worth the price. Best audio I've heard, even topping the Audio-Technica M50X headphones.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A7J534G/

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MH42BBI/

Honestly, the sub isn't really even necessary. The monitor speakers have plenty of low-end depth.

Java likes this

mcrn.png

ADATA Ultimate SU800 M.2 2280 3D NAND SSD Drives for $89.
Massdrop deal is over. Gonna take about half a month to arrive.