What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

Recent Purchases

1,382 posts in this topic

43" 4K TV: https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-43UJ6300-4k-uhd-tv (bought via COSTCO, exact page 404'd)

Replacing my old 32" 1080p LED TV and accompanying CRT TV. The new TV (I think it might be an outdated model) has a special component/composite jack that let's me plug my OG Xbox into it. I didn't know such a connector existed. It's half green and half yellow, accepting both component and composite. Even with the settings tweaked just right, the input lag is.... measurable.

Tiddy-bits:

IPS panels are fantastic for color accuracy and viewing angles, though that comes at the cost of higher response times. Looks like that one 14ms, where a decent gaming response time is 5ms and a good one is 2ms, so I can't see it being good for anything other than watching video, as you're finding.

VA panels are a much better option for budget 4k at the moment. A good IPS for 4k is ridiculously expensive, and avoid TN like the plague.

This is a good site for specs on various screens (most sites don't tell you panel types): https://www.displayspecifications.com/en

DSalimander and Sceny like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

A new wrist rest for my keyboard. My cheapo $15 keyboard came with a hard plastic wrist wrest which is cracked all over. I sometimes lean on it with my elbow and forget that it's just gonna poke the hell out of me.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

I just purchased the Samsung S3 Frontier smart watch. I bought the international version for like $70 cheaper than the US version. All I had to do was change a few lines of code to get it to full functionality. Score.

Takka likes this

Small update on my TV. Looks like it has shipping damage. They protected the edges of the TV with foam but there was nothing but a thin layer of cardboard protecting the front of the screen. I assume that's what caused this. Wish me luck getting it replaced since it's a discontinued model.

Spoiler

IMG-1373-full-screen-marked.jpg

IMG-1377-zoomed-in-marked.jpg

21 hours ago, DSalimander said:

Wish me luck getting it replaced since it's a discontinued model.

Could be a good thing, since you were unhappy with its performance too. With luck they'll just refund you and you can get something else.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

unknown.png

They want to come to my house at 8AM to try and fix what I'm pretty sure is a broken panel. This should be interesting.