What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

Recent Purchases

1,382 posts in this topic

A new keyboard, and while I'm at it, a new mouse, too.

lk30-wide.png

Simple, elegant and functional without all this RGB nonsense.
Also my first mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX-Brown). I don't know what I can expect but I only heard praise of those.

Be at rest my keyboard of the last decade. Of all the components from my first PC, you have endured the longest! :v

DiSiAC, Pra3tor1an and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

Picked up a 99 Impreza L bumper and a lip for it for 80$. Have a lead on a set of side skirts so hopefully I'll be picking those up too.

DiSiAC likes this

Disiac, I am jelly.

And I have been nuts with the credit card recently. Bought side skirts for the Impreza, garage lights, and about 250$ in Harbor Freight to buy a bunch of bodywork tools/supplies.

DiSiAC likes this

What's awesome is the press + a set of front control arm poly bushings for the Infiniti was cheaper than buying loaded control arms for the front. And I get parts at cost because my wife is the hnic of an oreilly autoparts. 

The thing paid for itself and I haven't even gotten to the 27 year old nissan or the lexus that also needs a refresh.

Anyways.

@Kru any advice on lighting? I really need to step up in that regard.

WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

At some point I'm going to pick one up for the same reason. I can throw an engine together like its nothing at this point but I fucking dread having to do ball joints/bushings. 

As for lighting, I went with two of these guys:

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Lithonia-Lighting-1233-Linear-Shop-Light-Common-4-ft-Actual-5-5-in-x-48-in/1000410165

i just got them in the mail though and havent had a chance to try them out, I'll throw up a before and after if I remember. I rent a "bay" in a barn so the lighting is absolutely terrible so anything is an improvement. Plus it is hard to beat for 50$ in all. 

DiSiAC likes this