What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

Recent Purchases

1,382 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Expensive week.

I screwed up when I went into bestbuy for a powered usb hub and made the mistake of looking at the clearance tv's and openbox deals last Sunday.  I have been waiting for the Mitsubishi DLP in my bedroom to blow a bulb before buying a replacement for it but I'm a sucker for a good deal.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-led-mu6300-series-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr/5844904.p?skuId=5844904

Then last night my 10 year old onkyo txsr606 gave up the ghost.   Ever try watching something with a projectors built in speaker?   Fucccck that.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/onkyo-tx-7-2-ch-hi-res-network-ready-4k-ultra-hd-and-3d-pass-through-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/5763442.p?skuId=5763442

I at least had enough self control last night to not go hard on a new Integra. 

I love the fact that both devices are controllable with a cell phone app.   

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

A Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe drive.  I'm excited to play with it!  I have only ever had/used an Intel 520 120GB SSD I got like five years ago.  It has been faithfully serving as my perpetually full boot drive all this time.  It works well enough for that, but even when I manage to squeeze 30-50GB of space out of it to use and put a game or something on it, I don't really notice any blazing speeds.  It basically performs like 5% better than a really good HDD.  Hopefully that will change now. 

Sceny and DiSiAC like this

oVoXWXc.png

15 hours ago, Iggy said:

A pair of Timberland Pro work boots

Good choice. I'm on my second pair. I wore my last one until they were tatters and they lasted me a little over a year, which is an excellent run in my line of work. I loved them so much I simply went and bought a second pair to replace them.

Puddin, Iggy, DiSiAC and 1 other like this

14 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

Good choice. I'm on my second pair. I wore my last one until they were tatters and they lasted me a little over a year, which is an excellent run in my line of work. I loved them so much I simply went and bought a second pair to replace them.

I did the same thing, I liked mine so much I didn't bother shopping for anything else.

Sunstriker7 likes this