What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke

Windows 8 Impressions

20 posts in this topic

Here's what I think:

Positives:

• The cloud sync is fantastic. It goes beyond the files sync of dropbox and U1, to sync full user accounts, from user settings, to files, to browser passwords.
  • The windows look nicer. Thats all.

Negatives:

• Metro
    • It simply doesn't work on a pointer interface. It's the truth. UI elements are far to big to be efficient, and make it a waste of space. The giant fonts are difficult to read on screens larger than 12".
    • Wait, I thought this OS was called WINDOWS. That is, we want to have multiple windows running. If we didn't, we'd call it Full Screens 8.
  • It doesn't work as a secondary OS. There are too many hoops to jump through to do what would be basic tasks.

Other Thoughts:

• Should have just kept improving Windows 7.
  • Windows 8 should have just been an alternate edition of windows for touch devices.
Solaris, Floofies and Enclusion like this

Tiddy-bits:

Not to mention possible support of Xbox 360 games :D

but otherwise, I agree with the points above. When I want a tablet, I buy a tablet. When I want a PC, I buy a PC.

7oWRJVS.gif

Not to mention possible support of Xbox 360 games :D

Nigguh you crazy.

This isnt RC, but It's undoubtedly close to code freeze. I dont know where you are getting your info from.

I think its a cool idea. Now all we need is a holographic computer screen that is controlled by hand movements. Sadly, we don't have that so I won't be using it on my pc.

Nigguh you crazy.

This isnt RC, but It's undoubtedly close to code freeze. I dont know where you are getting your info from.

Edited by Ryx

7oWRJVS.gif

That's the xbox companion. You can buy games and launch them to your Xbox, In adition to messaging, ect. It's actually a very cool feature if you have a computer in the living room. Edited by wolfincommand

That's the xbox companion. You can buy games and launch them to your Xbox, In adition to messaging, ect. It's actually a very cool feature if you have a computer in the living room.

or if your like me and have a computer and xbox hooked up to the same screen.

Who am I but myself?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0