Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Pre-Halo Bungie Games

12 posts in this topic

What experiences do you have with old Bungie games?

Pathways_into_darkness-93_box_art.pngpidsentinel.gif

marathon-shot.jpgemclmud.jpg

(Beta pic of Halo included because it looks cool; not really an 'old Bungie game' unless you played Halo as a beta.)

I'd love to play PiD but it sounds wicked hard and frustrating as only old games can be. From what I've read I love the story though. Marathon is much the same way, but more playable. I've gotten a quarter of the way through Marathon 1, but I've read all the story online. Durandal is awesome.

Floofies likes this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I played Oni long enough ago to forget everything about it .-. I actually think I still have it collecting dust somewhere, I should play it again.

Floofies and WaeV like this

Sadly I'm too casual for WAD's so I've never played PiD, and I only read the terminals from Marathon and Marathon Durandal, but I didn't play through either. I do want to try out Oni.

On the real though, I wish someone would recreate all of the old models from PreHalo and create some custom alternate-history Halo mod based off of the premise.

Floofies likes this

xgd0s9.jpg

Played all of them except Operation: Dessert Storm. I have all Marathons and Myth games (except III: The Wolf Age) installed to my PC at all times. I even have a copy of "Super Marathon" for the Pippin still sealed that I got from Bungie a while back.

IMG_0193.JPG

WaeV and Floofies like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

Oni was great. Any oni fan should check out Lugaru (and upcoming Overgrowth) games which were somewhat influenced by it.

Marathon I played a bit as a kid and a bit in my older years, but never for that long, so don't know that much about it.

Pathways into darkness was released on the Mac app store recently so I checked it out and yeah.. It was too frustrating and weird for me so I gave up on it.

Floofies likes this

About to attempt running Myth 2 on a CRT iMac, I hope it works! I've already run it on my Windows PC.

I found the CD at Goodwill, in a normal CD Case, but it still had the plastic wrap on it, it was in MINT CONDITION. I felt so damn lucky to have found it!

WaeV likes this

I've had some PiD thing on my PC once... not sure if it was full version, not sure if it was 100%, but it was epic.