What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

General FAQ

1,089 posts in this topic

damn man, you have a 200gb bandwith cap?

Just about =]

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Fun fact: If you look back at a few of my posts between march-may, you'll see a lot of secret/hidden messages or notes.

I have a habit of highling chunks of text as I read. I saw all of your hidden messages.

Voting for maintaining current color scheme.

Mama always said them darkies was trouble; I like trouble.

Takka and ForkSpoonz like this

Umh7x1l.gif

Not that I'm a fan of gray over dark, but this forum theme also has white text, 'ya know.

Not in vast quantities at all. If you count the text while you post, it goes to a lighter color for the background. It doesn't hurt the eyes unless you're extremely sensitive. Even so, I find that having an entire page lit up with white hurts my eyes much worse than just the text.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Uh yeah, I consider it vast quantities, especially if you take more than 1 second on "opencarnage.net" starting page. There is just more grey, sure.

I wonder if you guys have tried the mobile interface for this website (on an iPhone say). it has a white background there, and I quite like it.

I wonder if you guys have tried the mobile interface for this website (on an iPhone say). it has a white background there, and I quite like it.

The mobile theme is missing a lot of functionality - I usually switch to the full version and zoom in to read. :P

Luke and ForkSpoonz like this

Give a drop-down box at the bottom of the page that would allow you to switch between skins. then the user could decide.

The website is using PHP already, so that shouldn't be to hard, the only problem is you would have to store the data somewhere, if you have use a database you could always add a new string field for `Preferenced_Skin`, or link each skin to an int value to save some storage space. This way you could make many different skins without "Forcing" the update.

I would have to say for people who are hard of seeing, might like a higher contrast of black on white, but grey gives it more of a subtle feel.

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

Give a drop-down box at the bottom of the page that would allow you to switch between skins. then the user could decide.

The website is using PHP already, so that shouldn't be to hard, the only problem is you would have to store the data somewhere, if you have use a database you could always add a new string field for `Preferenced_Skin`, or link each skin to an int value to save some storage space. This way you could make many different skins without "Forcing" the update.

IPB has that functionality by default, although-

It would be way too much trouble to keep two skins current with our setup, It's a lot more than just a color difference. So it's going to be one or the other.

Sceny likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I've seen this feature on other forums and it works pretty well, especially if you're replying to someone but not necessarily wanting to quote a whole post. I'd set a limit on it though due to the fact that I can already see someone abusing its functionality to blow up someone's notifications.

Takka and Skeezix the Cat like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365