Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Should school be year round?

30 posts in this topic

905724225.jpg

Most schools, primarily K-12, incorporate large breaks for summer between school years. Summer breaks were originally implemented so that children could help their families with the summer harvest, however as the world modernizes this break has become less and less necessary. Still, many disagree that students should be made to attend school year-round because they need the contrast or a chance to work.

A year-round school would be able to more reasonably spread the course load while also allowing more time to effectively cover subjects, allowing students to keep up with the modern world.

WaeV likes this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

It's a shame it can't be both ways, the quality of education has gone way down because they have to squeeze more into the classes.

Pros:

-More time to get the proper education needed instead of trying to cram useless shit in for a standardized test.

-Gives schools the initiative to actually hire teachers that give a shit about student's educations rather than being a union piece of shit and only being there to babysit and collect a paycheck.

-Makes the curriculum more challenging and not for retards.

Cons:

-Cuts a huge profit from summer business (resorts, theme parks, beaches, etc)

-It's a huge social/growth development for kids (kids often meet most of their friends in school and hang out over the summers, camping with family, etc). It would be a huge kick in the balls to those kids who want to be kids. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. I will probably be back with more.

Grumpy UNIX and Cloud Administrator | 90's Boomer

Pros:

-More time to get the proper education needed instead of trying to cram useless shit in for a standardized test.

to be honest the problem here is only standardized tests.

Ruu and WaeV like this