Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frogz2007

How do I fix "gathering exception data" on halo pc?

104 posts in this topic

I'm trying to mod the pc version of halo, but it keeps giving me the "corrupted map" error and "gathering exception data" error. Please help! and yes, I'm using a backed up version of halo. I have a copy, but my dvd drive is sort of jacked up

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to troubleshoot an exception error, because it's a general crash error. What sort of work have you done on your map?

dual.png

Well, if I try changing character metas, it will close out of the game when I start the level. For instance: I tried changing master chief into a flood, but it crashed. I just really want to do this.

You should never meta swap for anything, you'll end up breaking more things than you can accomplish. Look into using the reference swapper instead. After you PMI your flood biped into your map, go to your mp biped and swap the model and animation references to that of the flood version.

Solaris, Ruu and Kvasir like this

dual.png

Oh, so you don't just swap the biped meta? Thanks

And this is the combat evolved. not the custom edition

And what if I want to play as a character not in the level? Such as: Captain keyes in the maw level, etc

And what if I want to play as a character not in the level? Such as: Captain keyes in the maw level, etc

You would have to PMI the tag into the map using Eschaton, and use the same process I mentioned above

dual.png

And one more thing: I saw an "import model" option. What does that do?

On a model tag? It does just that, you can import a new model over an old one so long as it has the same number of vertices and indices.

Additionally, if you don't know how to PMI with Eschaton, you may want to check out this tutorial-

http://www.opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/2032-hpc-how-to-pmi-with-eschaton/

WaeV likes this

dual.png