Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Valkrieg

28 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Fuck me.

You could easily have someone do it for you on a CE version of Infinity and just inject that scenario over yours.

At one point Phoenix 2 had scripts and trigger volumes which were added in the same way.

If you've made any changes to your scenario from stock you can also easily enough have it imported to CE so you don't loose your work.

Set the vehicle_collision damage tag value to a very high and explosive number, edit the value of the tag's cyborg and cyborg_shield multiplier to be 0.

then set the vehicle's collision tags to only be damaged by explosives, and to die when the object dies. Uncheck the collision tag bitmasks "only damaged while occupied" and "takes body damage for children".

Use duplicated stock vehicles for the ones that spawn initially, the ones the player uses.

Vehicle's won't take damaged while occupied, and when the AI is killed, they vehicle falls, collides with the ground, and is destroyed.

Theoretically, of course.

Tucker933 and WaeV like this

Hmm... I managed to get the banshees to die, but they merely appeared burned and were unusable - they didn't actually disappear. Also, crashing didn't seem to damage them, only the explosions from my vehicle. (This may be because I set the vehicle collision type to be "high explosive" - I haven't yet looked around for another explosion type.) The ghosts appeared unable to die.

Next I'll try rebuilding in SP ghosts and banshees and work on getting them to actually vanish once killed.