Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Valkrieg

28 posts in this topic

The idea for this mod comes from one of my favorites that I've ever downloaded - AIDogfight for Bloodgulch. Expanding upon the original premise, the skies of infinity are now filled with both banshees and flying ghosts. Turrets lie in waiting, ready to launch fleets of airborne warriors into the fray. A good way to play is to hop in the nearest ghost or banshee, then attempt to take out all the turrets on the map. Be careful, for the secondary fire of both vehicles spawns additional enemies! This is a good way to increase the difficulty of play if you find the game too easy. Beware, for enemies can use this technique to increase their own ranks! While similar, there are slight differences between the airborne vehicles. Play with your favorite.

I actually started and finished this mod on the same day, so there's plenty of rough edges. This is also the premiere of my flashlight trigger - press Q to fire!

Banshee: Reskinned
Primary Trigger - Reworked Plasma Cannon
Secondary Trigger - Flying Ghost, manned with an enemy AI
Flashlight Trigger - Emergency blast propels you backwards out of the fray
Flying Ghost: Reskinned and Subtly Remodeled
Primary Trigger - Reworked Ghost Bolt
Secondary Trigger - Banshee, manned with an enemy AI
Flashlight Trigger - Reworked Plasma Cannon

halo2010-01-3000-50-33-99-1.pnghalo2010-01-3000-50-52-36-1.png
halo2010-01-3000-51-33-14-1.pnghalo2010-01-3000-51-35-24-1.png

Play on standard Slayer. I recommend using the Ghost over the Banshee - the 'shee was designed more for the AI's and their inability to use the flashlight trigger.

Download

Takka, AeroEx and Skeezix the Cat like this

Tiddy-bits:

I remember this mod, lots of fun till you overload the game xD

The vehicles were really pretty.

AeroEx likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Haha, thanks. I never did figure out how to get rid of vehicles once they're spawned.

I tried to make the Q rocket fade from red to blue, kinda like in the Halo 2 preview when the gauss hog hits the phantoms. I ought to just swipe your plasma nade effect and tinker with that, lol. Too much whiteout in this effect, although it does look reasonably cool.

Edited by WaeV

Haha, thanks. I never did figure out how to get rid of vehicles once they're spawned.

You could use the SP collision tags and make the disappear when they die, but they might not respawn.

Ooh, that's good lead. How do you make them disappear when they die?

You don't lol, without scripts

You don't lol, without scripts

Right, and scripts only deal with named/specified objects. And you can't name/specify things which spawn via an effect like I'm doing here. :/

Just replayed it. I take it the ai don't spawn from the original vehicles?

Secondary fire from the ghost spawns an ai banshee. Secondary fire from the banshee spawns an ai ghost. Primary fire from the turrets spawns... I forget which, but it's one of the two.

Right, and scripts only deal with named/specified objects. And you can't name/specify things which spawn via an effect like I'm doing here. :/

You can have the bottom of the map a big trigger volume and tell it to kill any riderless vehicles =p

Always more than one way of doing things

WaeV likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0