What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Nighthawk X8/X9 Mechanical Keyboard

19 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

If anyone had a mechanical keyboard near my cube i would probably lose my marbles.

A friend of mine works in a open-office plan, and one of his coworkers uses a mechanical keyboard. Drives him nuts.

I don't understand why people think open-offices are a good idea.

Yeah I'm not really a fan. Most of the time it is fine, but when people start having conversations nearby its nearly impossible to stay focused.

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

I thought about getting one of those test keypads before getting my Red switch Vengeance board but I didn't want to wait or spend the money on it when I was pretty sure Red would be what I wanted and it turned out to be rather underwhelming. I don't like the smoothness of it. I apparently like clicky keys.

oVoXWXc.png

Thinking of getting the razer chroma tournament edition, nice compact keyboard and mechanical, stick of having huge boards with loads of buttons I never use.

8269120180172123489.png

This has just now begun dying. Its connectivity to the computer keeps resetting multiple times a day, causing random outages of around 3 seconds where I cannot use it.

Almost 10 years isn't bad, but not as long as I expected!

Anyone have a suggestion for a new mechanical keyboard?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

4 hours ago, Takka said:

Anyone have a suggestion for a new mechanical keyboard?

At this point I would expect you to probably build a custom one. There's companies that let you pick your frame style, choose light options, switch options, all kinds of things.

It'll cost but it's so nice.

Even if you don't go that route make sure you get something with removable switches.

I got a a decent mechanical a few years ago but then recently looked at getting a different keycap set and at that point I realized I should have just gone custom from the start.

I realized just now you posted in the other thread that you bought a new one an hour ago already.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Takka likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0