Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Badga666

Need suggestions

So by now a few of you wonderful people here on OC know i have depression and anxiety. They're now becoming too much to control, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how i can take my mind off something, even if its only for a short time. Thanks guys :)

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

This past month, i was in a mild depression. And, it was really rough going through. For me, the worst part was the feeling of isolation; being alone. I woke up crying most days; same thoughts going in circle in my head. So much time to think and that just made it worse. The only thing that made it bearable was having someone to talk to on occasion. It got my mind off things.

Text a friend; call someone just to talk about anything. Go see friends. Sometimes, just hearing someone's voice or hanging out with friends is enough to ease suffering. Worked for me. Hope things get better for you soon.

Edited by Beverly
Badga666 likes this

going for a drive

This is one of my favorites. True freedom and a good counter to cabin fever.

It's also neat to have a goal that requires a little planning. Last year I decided I wanted to watch the sunrise over the great lakes, so I had to plan my evening: I made a sandwich for breakfast ahead of time and went to bed early. It was awesome driving towards the coast as the sky kept getting lighter, and I got there about 15min before the sun poked its head over the horizon.

Ruu and Sceny like this

Follow in my foot steps! Drop out of school, become reclusive, self harm, refuse to get help! oh wait...

In all seriousness though find something you like. I sculpt and practice my art when my depression is not so heavy. It's really bad right now though, so right now I'm just warding off the suicidal thoughts and self harm. If you can't make it better, keep it from getting worse. I know first hand that when people tell you to exercise or draw or whatever it is when you a depressed, it doesn't work. It doesn't work because when you're depressed all you want to do is sit in your bed. All you want to do is sleep and cry and complain. And that's where I am right now. So I just try not to drown.

Badga666 likes this

Go fuck something. Anything. You don't even have to tell anyone about it.

Grumpy UNIX and Cloud Administrator | 90's Boomer

how old are you?

42 years, 5 months, 6 days and 22.357 minutes old.

Edited by Sceny ツ
TCK likes this

Thanks for all the suggestions and support here guys :)

"It's massive. Probably hard to tell from the picture.                                 "If you're up for it. You've done it before, right?"           

But it broke so now I'm using a puny one..." - ShikuTeshi 2017                                                                          -Tucker933 2017