What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnipeYa

All cashed up and ready to build

Well since finding work at a local gaming company ive been pulling in enough cash to keep my self happy and put a little to the side aswell. my laptop is getting a little sluggish so i thought why not look into buying or building something suitable with future endevors.

So heres what i was thinking:

Monitor: ASUS VS248H 24in Widescreen LED

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 OR NZXT Phantom Black

Motherboard: ASRock P67-PRO Motherboard B3

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster V6GT

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL (4x4GB) DDR3

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 1GB

HDD: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB

Disk Drive: LG GH24NS90 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

I have no clue if all thats compatible but the main thing is i wanted an I7 , over 8gb ram and a video card if you have any pointers that would be cool. I have a budget of about 1300 - 1600 so yeah not out to build a super computer but i do want something to run minecraft well and also run visual studio and the adobe suite.

PfXuCLa.png

Tiddy-bits:

Well, it all looks pretty good, if I were you I'd consider upping the gfx card a bit, something in the 7800 range would give you that performance edge to keep it more on par with the rest of the system. Even without that, you can do a hell of a lot more than minecraft and visual studio =p what you have atm, aside from a little weak on the graphics card, is a pretty solid gaming PC. No matter what, the thigns you really need to double check is CPU socket compatibility, RAM spec compatibility, and that the gfx card will fit in the case you chose.

One big thing though, get a power supply xD I'd recommend around 600W for what you have now, 750W if you up the gfx card just for the overhead capacity...

Also, consider getting a 1TB HDD, 500GB is a bit small ;p

WaeV likes this

Solid build. The only change I would recommend as stated by Sudo would be getting a faster card. 78xx series would be great.

Hard drive is a little small, though not everyone needs the space. I'm running a 256GB SSD and it has more than enough room for my stuff. Just make sure that's enough for you, hard drives are cheap so it doesn't hurt to get a bit more than you think you will need.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

gpu is shit (ofc)

screen is bad, get a decent screen, loads on offer

cpu cooler is bad, get noctua

wd hdds suck, get samsung

dont get a nzxt case

a furore infra, libera nos

well amd makes shit gpus, asus makes shit screens, coolermaster makes shit cpu coolers, wd makes shit hdds, and all nzxt cases are shit

a furore infra, libera nos

I have an asus screen with a stuck pixel, and have had 2 or more pixels that I had to rub out cause the color was stuck. Had it for 3 years. Screen also has some other issues. I'm thinking of going for a samsung next screen possibly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0