What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Halo: Ancient Combat

119 posts in this topic
I was searching the net trying to find the diablo hud reference I used so I can save it and remake the hud later because I didn't back-up the image. The download for it is offline and I thought I was boned. I checked my most "recent" download and ALL MY MOST "RECENT" FUCKING PROGRESS IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE!!!

Lesson learned; backup now?

Caesar and NeX like this

Tiddy-bits:

So I was doing some animation modding yesterday and in testing them, I noticed that I don't have the health and mana pools regenerating. I feel like in most RPG's that I've played they have some level of regeneration. Health obviously being a lot lower than mana. So I began to think about how I could pull this off and I came to the conclusion.

I'll switch the health pool from detecting life values to shield values. Then I'll just set it to regen fairly slowly. I probably won't be adding in regenerating items like a health pack, but instead just give a decently sized health pool so everyone could sustain an interesting fight.

As for mana, I thought of having the mana pool become the overheat gauge. But now this is where my problem occurs. The heat gauge works by being invisible by default, then appearing as heat builds up. I need to do that in reverse. I thought of some fancy trick but was wondering if anyone could think of an easier way. Probably not.

My plan has to do with bitmap editing. I'll crop out the mana pool background when it looks empty, and use the as the heat gauge. Then I'll paste the mana pool into the background so the default look is it always being full.

WaeV and Caesar like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

well you could always mess with the alphas on the gauge so that it fades in reverse, basically a fade out, instead of a fade in.

KsqHutE.png

I stopped working on this since I "lost" the data. After recovering it I got to lazy to recover the bitmaps and stuff. I'll probably get back to this when I feel motivated enough but I'm really into the new game releases and expansions and what not. The original plan was to mod again after I finished my 3D modeling class but the program we were using was complete horse shit. A decent program called Modo but lacks GPU support and crashes like a motherfucker. I'll stick with learning how to be a better animator through practice. Dropped that class and forgot about my modding plans.

It'll also take me some time to remember how to even mod Halo. Mostly I just forgot all the command prompt commands.

Edited by ShikuTeshi

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????

I stopped working on this since I "lost" the data.

I'm sorry for what happened to your data. Although every time I see about HDD failure stories. I can't help but laugh because how common it is. Blame DeviantMaps for that I guess. :|

Humans of the Halomaps Forum: A comedy about lynching Sparky.

https://www.facebook.com/Humans-of-the-Halomaps-Forum-950977501622757

I'm sorry for what happened to your data. Although every time I see about HDD failure stories. I can't help but laugh because how common it is. Blame DeviantMaps for that I guess. :|

Hah, it's an old and dear tradition in the Halo community, too. :P

NeX likes this

Revamped Plans

-Removing HUD

I wanted this mod to be something like Chivalry. Personally I've never played but the purpose was to produce endless combat of insanity. I felt like having Mana or Stamina to deal with would slow it down. Even though it's a really cool mechanic that I can get working, it's also a bit more work. I will simply have your screen turn red as you take damage. I haven't thought about whether I want to add health packs or not. I might add a bandage item. It will take up a weapon slot, take a few seconds to use, will have a healing animation, and will disable your movement. I can probably fit in an animated loading bar as well.

-3rd Person Animation

Don't like the flying idea. Gives camera and height issues with current maps. Looks really silly as well. How to animate, I don't even.

-All Spells

No overheating, infinite use.

-Explosive Fireball

I don't know why I tried to be different. Currently the fireballs I have might as well be a flame thrower. It simply ignites you and is very boring to use. Primary fire will probably be a fast bolt with no drop rate as a single target, and secondary will be a large slow bomb for crowd control. Both will still ignite.

-Lightning

Not sure how I feel about this one. I wanted to have at least one close range spell, but then I'm already adding all these melee weapons. 

-Wind

I like the utility aspect of this. Much inspiration from Shadowrun on Xbox. Will make the projectile much faster, slightly larger AoE, and a higher knockback. It's intended to stop enemies and allow jumps that are otherwise impossible. Not sure about adding a secondary ability to it. The previous plan was to add a field that pushes everything away. But that sounds abusive for CTF games and the likes.

-Ice

Basically going to be a needler now. Ice shards floating on screen and disappear one by one as a needler does. There will be no explosive effect or lock-on. It will be a quick burst weapon with limited range.

-Earth

Might scrap this one. I wanted a boulder floating in front of your character but I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off.

-Plasma

Might also scrap this one.

***Ultimate Spells***

An idea to replace heavy weapons such as the rocket launcher and plasma launcher.

To be updated...

Edited by ShikuTeshi
NeX likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0