What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icstars2

Should a peaceful resolution be sought with North Korea or is an invasion the only option?

38 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I read somewhere that Iran and Syria might be allies of North Korea. I actually thought Russia was an ally.

What could Iran or Syria ever do though?

Also, Russia used to be an ally but recently their crazy has been a bit too much even for them, so they've stopped backing them.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

What could Iran or Syria ever do though?

Syria already has a lot going on at the moment, so they wouldn't be getting involved. As for Iran, i have no idea what they're capable of...

At some point these threats are going to have to end, and the US putting it's foot down might have to be the waking up the North Koreans need. That said, I don't think we should have to, but with NK you never know what they're going to do next. The unpredictability will have them killed.

Takka likes this

Or a misfiring nuke.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll kill themselves? XD

Question: Does North Korea have any allies? China, sure, but is there anyone who would actually back them up if they do decide to attack the US?

i thought china was getting sick of korea's shit?

Afaik... China, Russia, NK, and other "communist" nations are all somewhat affiliated in the same way many of the "democratic" nations are affiliated, as somewhat of a cold war holdover.

China and especially Russia allied with NK during the Korean war because it meant staving off US and capitalist influence in the area, not because they were particularly friendly. In the same vein, Joseph Stalin was initially portrayed positively by US and British propagandists when he was helping us against Hitler.

I don't think China particularly likes NK, but they like NK being on their border much more than they'd like US military bases there.

Takka likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0