Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icstars2

Should a peaceful resolution be sought with North Korea or is an invasion the only option?

38 posts in this topic

IQMG2VC.jpg?1

With tensions rising, missiles firing, and counties picking sides, North Korea has caused an avalanche of eyes watching their every move. As North Korea removes their peace treaty with their brothers to the south, only further raising blood pressures by declaring America an enemy, many are wondering what the next step should be. Many believe North Korea should be invaded, either before or after a hostile move by North Korea can be dealt. While others believe a peaceful resolution should be sought - if at all possible.

Takka933, Modzy, WaeV and 1 other like this

343OrM8.jpg?1

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

As I mentioned in another thread, I do personally think military action as an outcome will leave the region in the most stability. There's no reasoning with North Korea, they have a very deluded perspective on the rest of the world that has been ground into them from very young ages. Their political leaders are revered as gods. There's a very fundamental problem with how things have been handled within this country, rather than simply an issue with the administration.

Peaceful "resolutions" wont really resolve anything in such a case, only delay the inevitable outlash and increase resentment. They have a grudge and something to prove, with a completely brainwashed population that feels it's the world against them.

Sceny and Xerax like this

I doubt we would actually need a full scale invasion, more like a infiltration to take out the government and bomb strategic military points. It's not a bunch of rebels, so it should be easier to neutralize. Put in a puppet administration and then rebuild the country.

Living conditions amongst civilians are so bad I doubt any uprising would be too great, they would probably be more interested in humanitarian aid.

Beverly likes this

Fantastic choice of debate topic.

It's hard to say at this point. It could be that the NK government is simply trying to flex its little arms and show off to its citizens. People living in NK are in deplorable conditions. Famine is a hash reality for much of the population, namely the agricultural parts. In order to rekindle faith in the regime they are purposefully pissing off the rest of the world. If they feel they're done their job correctly, we may see violence taper off and NK fall back into its norm.

However, because of their lack of resources and the amount of sanctions placed on them, we could be looking at a desperate regime ready to start war in hopes of reclaiming the south and gaining more land and resources. They are probably delusional enough to think they could do it, too.

We'll see pretty soon I think. By the end of April as I hear it.

Sceny, WaeV and Takka933 like this

While invading would most likely indeed be the best option in preventing a first strike of possible nuclear power, there would still be an abundance of people who would now be even more angry with America. North Korea has a population of over 24 million; while it is absolutely nothing in comparison to America's 313 million, that is still a lot of brainwashed people that would now take arms. America would be far enough from most attacks, but our allies wouldn't be so lucky.

343OrM8.jpg?1

Oh I certainly think North Korea should make the first move, and probably will. Just saying, war in this case would probably yield the best result over diplomatic "solutions".