What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

General FAQ

1,089 posts in this topic

Mass Effect 3 must've nearly stopped your cats heart.

HAHAHA

facesig.png

Tiddy-bits:

Mass Effect 3 must've nearly stopped your cats heart.

I can hear the grim reaper coming

inb4 no one gets the pun

phlo likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

When I go to new content on mobile and select a large thread, it goes to the OP instead of the last post posted.

When I go to new content on mobile and select a large thread, it goes to the OP instead of the last post posted.

Make sure it actually has new content in it, and also make sure you didn't recently loose your cookies. In either of those cases you would have experienced that. It's really hard for me to recreate, did this recently start happening?

We unfortunately don't have anyone who knows anything about web dev work anymore, so there's little I can do short of buying a new mobile theme and hoping it doesn't have the same problem.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Make sure it actually has new content in it, and also make sure you didn't recently loose your cookies. In either of those cases you would have experienced that. It's really hard for me to recreate, did this recently start happening?

We unfortunately don't have anyone who knows anything about web dev work anymore, so there's little I can do short of buying a new mobile theme and hoping it doesn't have the same problem.

It isn't a new problem. I switch between ROMs a lot with this phone, so I never keep any kind of web data for long. I tried it on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera mobile. It all does the same thing.

It did it with my old phone as well.

I'm sorry then, nothing I can really do about it.

It's cool. I was just putting it out there for other people using the mobile version. My solution is just changing the theme to the full version to view the large thread and then back to mobile.

Takka likes this

You know how when you change your profile picture, a popup comes up? Well earlier I tried to change my profile picture by importing it from another website. It looked perfectly fine on the popup, and imported correctly, but when I clicked "Done" It didn't change. I had to then download the image I wanted to use, and then remove the picture completely, and upload it. Not a big deal, just was a burden. :D

EDIT: Ya i just changed my prof picture again, and it IS a bit buggy, even when uploading.

facesig.png

You know how when you change your profile picture, a popup comes up? Well earlier I tried to change my profile picture by importing it from another website. It looked perfectly fine on the popup, and imported correctly, but when I clicked "Done" It didn't change. I had to then download the image I wanted to use, and then remove the picture completely, and upload it. Not a big deal, just was a burden. :D

It's the client side cache, it uploads correctly but because it's in the same directory, your browser doesn't know that it changed so the cache doesn't end up updating on its own. You can manually clear all your cache or you can hit Ctrl + F5 a few times on the page you want the cache removed for.

You'll encounter issues like this on more than just OC. Most major sites like Facebook counteract that by giving each upload a unique ID so it's counted as a new image every time its changed, though that's not something our CMS supports.

phlo likes this