What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Custom Build w/o Standard ATX?

5D8EC056-4106-4E7D-AAD8305FB49D2CE4.jpg

Have any of you folk made builds with anything smaller than a standard-ATX board?

I'm mostly just perusing different build ideas at the moment, but a smaller form factor in my next PC would certainly be desirable. Other potential considerations are: silent or near-silent cooling, water cooling?, minimum of 1 PCIe slot, SSD... But at the moment I'm interested in what sorts of things I'd need to take in mind if I look at smaller mobo sizes.

Tiddy-bits:

I recently did a Micro-ATX build for my mom, there wasn't really a difference when building, it's just a smaller board. If you want to get into fancy cooling, it really comes down to the case. Most cases built around a smaller form factor are done so that they waste as little space as possible. Fancy cooling doesn't always fit.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Good point - you have to keep dimensions in mind, as well as whatever room the cables take up.

This is a pretty extreme rig, but it's hella cool. Mini-ITX.

2T9qI.jpg

p9PNH.jpg

vvf3q.jpg

oJr74.jpg

KYFlU.jpg

lI3mb.jpg

I think it leaves the GPU exposed to fit everything, though. (The metallic part in the second image?)

Takka likes this

I want to do a Mini-ITX build, but it looks like it would be a pain in the ass to do cabling in that thing once you start putting in the bigger hardware, like the GPU and CPU fans/heatsinks.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I've been wanting to start a Micro-atx build. Probably will start buying the parts in a few weeks.

Oh, you want sexy? Take a look at this mini-ITX rig:

UOJ1S.jpg

m6wpC.jpg

EW6RY.jpg

zHGQH.jpg

DGgeo.jpg

MIdN5.jpg

That case has pretty good reviews, and seems to have pretty good construction. Some people commented that with a case that big, you might as well just make a micro-ATX build, since mini-ITX boards tend to be somewhat more expensive.

Takka likes this

Seems nice and all, but an unnecessary waste of space imho.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Oh, you want sexy? Take a look at this mini-ITX rig:

zHGQH.jpg

That case has pretty good reviews, and seems to have pretty good construction. Some people commented that with a case that big, you might as well just make a micro-ATX build, since mini-ITX boards tend to be somewhat more expensive.

Urf. Orgasm at that sexy beast.
Takka and WaeV like this

343OrM8.jpg?1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0