What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icstars2

Should animal testing be legal?

15 posts in this topic

3tksc.jpg

For many decades, researchers have tested products on animals for a variety of reasons between makeup testing and vital vaccines. Makeup companies may use their makeups on animals for allergen and complexion testings, while researchers and scientists may use animals for testings that can advance our medicines without endangering humans with possibly deadly tests. Groups such as PETA protest the act of testing upon animals, calling such acts to be inhumane and unethical. PETA and other similar groups attempt to protect animals on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry from abuse. Animals used in laboratories are often given life threatening diseases, is this an important issue which should be addressed? Are the animals which are bred and used solely for testing of clothes, makeup, or entertainment, as important as those used for medical purposes? Should animal testing be outlawed and other manners of testing be put in place?

Takka likes this

343OrM8.jpg?1

Tiddy-bits:

In my opinion it is completely neccesary if we are to reach a point in our technilogical development advanced enough to make animal testing obsolete. Our methods are too primitive to do anything else right now.

Takka, DiSiAC and Kvasir like this

In my opinion it is completely neccesary if we are to reach a point in our technilogical development advanced enough to make animal testing obsolete. Our methods are too primitive to do anything else right now.

Animal testing isn't exclusive to laboratory research, what of the other areas such as makeup?
Floofies likes this

343OrM8.jpg?1

>putting makeup on animals

what are people, retarded?

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I'm pretty much of the same opinion as Mars. In general, I hold more value to another animals life than human life in general, so my value of human life isn't the reasoning. As the universe seeks to understand itself, scientific progress needs to be made at an initial cost. In this case, nature does much worse to itself than we do. I'm also in support of animal testing because most other animals have a much lower level of cognitive perception and understanding, which gives them a greater ability to endure without as many moral implications.

In the end, it isn't much different than a carnivores need to hunt for meat to survive. So long as the trials are of an importance and there is no prolonged suffering or threat of extinction, I have no complaints.

Risk likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

>putting makeup on animals

what are people, retarded?

yeah, that's just stupid :/

Seriously, there has to be a better way to find out if cosmetics will burn someone's skin on contact. And, there are some cosmetic companies that use no animal testing. The beta testers of these humane cosmetics are actually humans. If you don't put dangerous chemicals in your make up, you should have no problems.

Well, animal lovers hate animal testing but let's think of it this way. If a drug is used directly on a human, No one knows what could go wrong and it's difficult to imagine how many humans might end up dead, because of that.

So, as much as I hate animal testing, you can say that, it is unavoidable. I don't know what to say about cosmetic companies though. Still, we humans love them, we don't have any choice in that aspect either.

So, animal testing is needed and we can't really do anything about it :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0