What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
ForkSpoonz

Food Thread

253 posts in this topic

not to mention the 8 spiders that crawl into your mouth a year in your sleep, murderer

Myth.

E: Should have really refreshed the page before posting... :l

Edited by Sceny ツ
Risk likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Well those things aren't going into my stomach, are they?

not the point.

vegan isn't just about the diet, it's about the lifestyle. say it isn't and you're just a vegetarian that doesn't consume dairy

not the point.

vegan isn't just about the diet, it's about the lifestyle. say it isn't and you're just a vegetarian that doesn't consume dairy

Distinctions are sometimes made between different categories of veganism. Dietary vegans (or strict vegetarians) refrain from consuming animal products, not only meat and fish but, in contrast to ovo-lacto vegetarians, also eggs, dairy products and other animal-derived substances. The term ethical vegan is often applied to those who not only follow a vegan diet, but extend the vegan philosophy into other areas of their lives, and oppose the use of animals or animal products for any purpose.

Doldrums.png

My friend is a dietary vegan for fun, he doesn't really give a rats ass about the ethical stuff.

Durandal can be whatever kind of vegan/vegetarian he wants to be, he can define what being "vegan" means for himself.

Takka, Sceny and Kvasir like this

he can define what being "vegan" means for himself.

for himself yeah, but it would be nice if he would make a distinction/short explanation to other people so poor saps don't start a flame war

durandel, if you want to do a vegan diet, go for it, i only think the "no animal products in daily life bawww" thing is asinine

sorry everyone

I would literally die without meat and cheese in my life, that's all I eat when it comes down to it.

I went vegetarian (not vegan) right after my baby was born. Nothing but salads pretty much, fruit/veggies/beans. But I had cheese and milk so not strictly vegan. I was never hungry and lost a lot of weight c:

Then one day, i had a bite of chicken and started having intense cravings for it and couldn't just eat veggies/fruit anymore.

I keep thinking i will go back to it as i felt really good being vegetarian. now that food is messing me up, making me tired, might be the right time. next time, i will probably incorporate some kind of canned salmon for protein as that's my favorite for salads anyway.

Edited by Beverly

for himself yeah, but it would be nice if he would make a distinction/short explanation to other people so poor saps don't start a flame war

Pretty much, I'm refraining from consuming beef, pork, poultry, dairy, and fish, not only because the industries for all of those employ poor practices, but also my reaction to those practices was one of disgust, which shows that I was ignorant and oblivious to these things happening in our world, all because I enjoyed eating meat and cheese. I won't lie and say I didn't need that protein and calcium and other things you get from animals to grow and develop, but I don't need all that anymore, since I'm an adult, and there are plenty of substitutes. Also, I feel a little bit better about myself that I'm adopting an attitude that has a chance of putting our planet in a more balanced state. The decision is purely personal, and I'm not gonna look down upon people who still eat meat and dairy, because that's a lifestyle of its own.

And there you go.

Reginasaurus, Sceny, Takka and 1 other like this

xgd0s9.jpg

not the point.

When i went vegetarian, i did it for the lulz :/

Seriously though I just wanted to lose weight. And, it's the only thing that worked.

And, what you said about vegan being a lifestyle not just food choice (vegetarian without dairy); that's true. Vegan is a belief system just like any other. Some people do it for the health, others do it as a protest against cruelty of animals. A strict vegan would be against the use of any animal based product even leather which is used in shoes/clothing/furniture. Though not everyone takes the vegan beliefs to this limit.

While I agree with the concept of eating only a vegetarian based diet, I still use many animal based products and will likely continue to do so.

I like milk. I like cheese. That's not likely to change. And, just so you know, sugar is not something you should consume if you are truly vegan as animal bones (bone char) are commonly used to decolorize sugar (it's not naturally white?)

Did you see that documentary King Corn? (maybe i'm wrong on the name, but there is a documentary about the modern corn and how it's used to fatten up animals before slaughter).They talk about how cows are sent to stay in small pens (near the slaughter house) during final stage before slaughter and stand ankle deep in mud and waste for the last two weeks of life as they are constantly given food (in troughs, it's optional, they are not force fed but allowed to eat whenever, which is unnatural). Because the modern corn is basically nothing more than a genetically manipulated packet of sugar, the cows gain a lot of weight quickly, in the form of fat. Not to mention how being fed so much corn based feed causes acidosis, which would ultimately kill the cow as their body is not naturally suited to digest corn. The only way to keep the animal from getting acidosis is to constantly pump them with anti-biotics. Anyway, these animals are then 'processed' for beef and it's super fatty and unhealthy; not at all like free range, purely grass fed cattle (which has a better flavor and is actually healthier/leaner than corn fed cattle). So yeah, if someone has an aversion toward typical mass produced beef, there is probably a good reason for it; that stuff can/will kill you.

Edited by Beverly

When i went vegetarian, i did it for the lulz :/

Seriously though I just wanted to lose weight. And, it's the only thing that worked.

Want to lose weight? Low carbs, high protein, work out. By low carbs, I mean pretty much zero but you can have some.

Also, please note that you have to have proper serving sizes and also manage shit like calorie intake.