What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pfhunkie

Official Halo 4 Thread

78 posts in this topic

M0tsQ.jpg

The Official Halo 4 Thread

As of 11/6/2012, Halo 4 has been released and this will be the official thread to discuss it! Leave opinions, share stories or put your gamertag out there for other members to join in on the fun with you. Do avoid spoilers at all costs, though.

If you'd like, I'll put your gamertag in the OP for the rest of OC to see. Just request it in the thread and I'll add you as soon as I can.

Gamertags:

As7raios

Wicked She Wolf

Skeezixmccat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Launch Trailer:

Making of Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer:

Making Halo 4 - Return of the Forerunners:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crimson Map Pack

December 10th, 2012

Majestic Map Pack

(February Release Window)

Kv08U.jpg

Castle Map Pack

(April Release Window)

zCK05.jpg

Edited by As7s Winter Log
Takka likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Tiddy-bits:

I've been enjoying the multiplayer so far (well, what i've been able to actually access), campaign seems easier than they claimed it to be. My only dislike at this moment in time is the thrust pack, it sends you 4 feet in any direction...

The thrust pack is under powered as hell. It was originally planned to be the teleportation device the promethean knights use.

Also, the campaign might be easier on Normal than they claimed but... it's so fun to play in my opinion. The encounters feel 10x better to play than Bungie's work. It reminds me of how it felt to play Combat Evolved for the first time. Also, the story telling is so damn good..

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Totally agree with Ra, storytelling is awesome; cutscenes are also. If I recall, didn't a lot of the original members of the H1 team join 343 and work on H4?

I love the mantis, too.

Also the assassinations are much improved - they're more abrupt and decisive, like real combat.

Umh7x1l.gif

The only people from Bungie I can really think of that went over are Frankie and Vic Deleon. :P

Anyway, finally finished the campaign... Never once did it fail to entertain me... I love every moment of it... <3

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

To be honest, the campaign itself has failed to entertain me. At the moment, im 62% through thek campaign. Ive found parts to be predictible and somewhat boring - this might have something to do with starting straight on legendary instead of something less challenging.

The game story has a lot of elements from past games which arent that impressive. Especially the first 2 missions, they felt like the beginning of Halo CE. The third mission of Halo 4 really got to me, it seemed more like a multiplayer objective based game turned into a single player mission.

As for multiplayer? I'm really enjoying the multiplayer at the moment. Something i would have loved in reach is gametype playlists, thankfully Halo 4 offers that.

My current dislikes about Halo 4 multiplayer at this moment in time is that some of old gametypes didnt return, and that the load out system doesnt seem to be very fair - you have to rank up to be able to access package types/extra abilities.

the load out system doesnt seem to be very fair - you have to rank up to be able to access package types/extra abilities.

To be fair, it doesn't take long at all to get everything you need in those terms. Only takes a night of gameplay to get on your feet. You're also being paired up with people who have the same amount of equipment as you do.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

You're also being paired up with people who have the same amount of equipment as you do.

I wasnt on about equipment, i was on about the extra abilities (e.g. unlimited sprint, faster reload, faster shield regen).

Edited by Sceny ツ

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0