Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

Your dream job

28 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

#1 sounds weird, I'm not sure how I would deal with knowing exactly how to do everything related to my job... I like figuring things out. As a programmer my job is basically just thinking, with a dash of typing mixed in for fun. I'd hate to be a professional typist.

Um... but yeah I'd have to say programmer. Ooh, can I get really fancy with titles and job details? Maybe "Software Architect"... or how about "Software Architect / Tech Visionary", and in addition to designing software systems in the large I also get to dick around with the latest gadgets, gizmos, and linux distributions!

TCK likes this

Giving blowjobs.

Nah joking, computer repair that involves me sitting in the middle of a rug with computer parts strewn about. I used to do that but I wasn't getting paid much for it.

computer repair that involves me sitting in the middle of a rug with computer parts strewn about.

Good luck with all of that static.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Butcher. A very real possibility now that I work in a Meat & Seafood dept. And it sounds badass, makes mounds of money once you're there a few years.

Now they know why they fear the Perfection. Now they know why they're afraid of the Dark.

FINAL-SecondTryatBarbedWireMinis-1_zpsvp

my dream job is to be a writer.

i said this somewhere before, i'm sure of it. my realities are bleeding together :/

anyway, currently i'm doing that now with blogs, hubs, my own forum, freelance article writing. so in a way i have my dream job already. i like writing stuffs that people read, though most of it is technical or very detailed, such as how to get rid of pimples; pet care, etc. i'm ok with that kind of writing, but prefer something more relaxed and free form; they don't usually pay for that. i've been paid to write articles for various sites including one that has to do with gambling and no i don't know anything about sitngo but research will get you everywhere. he was so happy, he ordered six more. because of the content i wrote (for the affiliate site), the guy now ranks higher than the main site he is affiliating with. c:

Just finished a hub for a teen money making forum. he was delighted. the rub, i can only drop in two of his links to the same domain or it's seen as 'too promotional'. he's gonna be real happy with that. soz, i did the work, so can't be all bad. still hoping he don't ask for a refund through paypal :/

awhile back, i wrote and published an ebook on beauty and skin care. it's around here somewhere. i want to get it published on amazon for kindle. one weekend when i'm not really busy, i'll do that.

i'm currently moderator on five forums (including admin on my own forum), so i guess that's a dream job i'd like, assuming it paid and yeah money is a factor. i get a sick thrill from banning spammers and zapping spam links in posts. yeah i leave the posts up, but the links are gone, defeats the spammers and i still get content for my forum(s). c:

I'm only paid to be mod on two of those forums. :/

i had a paid job as music reviewer for a few years. that was awesome. i don't do much anymore; time constraints. but it was fun money.

right now, i'm doing blogs for a client on an seo project, mostly content creation. hoping to get his site ranked up for three keywords. if it doesn't work, he won't be working with me on it next month. was good money while it lasted. :C

Edited by Beverly
Tucker933 likes this